• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you drink alchohol?

Rex

Founder
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I drink the occasional Rolling Rock

or Bombay Saphire

But I am really into Red Wines. MMM

how about you?

Lightkeeper

I drink no alcohol. I come from a family of very heavy drinkers and I chose not to drink at all. It is amazing to see the differences between me and the heavy drinkers. They look older than I do and I am older than they are. Some are losing their hair. They miss a lot of work. They are spiritually defunct. They have no depth, but are fun, because they are good time Charlies. There is also a large difference in mental ability also.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I have about 1 drink a month... usually a glass of wine with dinner but its occasionally a small mixed drink... (new englander in paradise= coconut rum and Moxie)

wa:-do

I also come from a family that makes it hard for me not to want to, but since my current relationship I have learned to drink only if there is cause or special occasion. I used to drink mixed drinks, never beer, and now I am really liking red wine, white is ok, and I like that it is chilled, but red just tastes better. I just don't care for it when it is warm-warm, it is too bold for me then. My fav is Pinot Noir, cuz it is light and sweet, well, more than the others. I decided to start drinking wine and quit mixed drinks cuz I can really start to kick mixed drinks back once I get one in me. Wine is so strong I can only sip, it takes quite a while to get a glass in me, so I would have to have a significant amount of time to get me as blasted as 2 hours with mixed drinks would. It helps me drink responsibly, aka, s-l-o-w-l-y, lol... And it is soo much more heathy for you, well, in moderation :)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
These days I drink maybe once a fortnight, if that. Usually it's one or two beers then. Sometimes mixed drinks...usually vodka based. If there's nothing in my fridge, I don't tend to miss it. When I was younger I went through the usual binge-drinking and going out to the pub/clubs every weekend, but I'm way over that lol. Although I've found that when I am in company, I tend to drink (a lot) more. I found out the hard way never to drink alone. :roll: It's more of a social activity for me than anything anyway.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I enjoy GOOD beer; not the mass-produced stuff. I don't really drink more than one at a time; two in one day at the very most.

The Buddhist precepts enjoin one from becoming intoxicated, and as I get older I don't miss being drunk at all.

It can't make you feel anything, it is your perception that does that, little guilty?? lol, j/k with ya, everyone over indulges themselves sometimes, especially when you are young (if you are young), it is what you do until you decide to settle down, and really everyone should, better to love and loss than to never love at all, well not exactly the case, but you know what I mean, it is having expirences which helps you learn, otherwise you might not have... and all learning is good...

Alaric

I only drink (or rather sip) wine when it seems called for - got nothing against alcohol as such, but I've never tasted a drink I like, and for some reason I can't get used to the taste of wine. I also can't stand the thought of being drunk however, which obviously has something to do with it. I'm way too uptight! Me, staggering around saying goofy things? Like hell!

That is unfortunate (for me), at a young age I got rather used to walking around like that, lol.. :oops: Sometimes I feel like I like that too much, I guess it is a stress release for me now. I feel like I don't have anything that really makes me feel relaxed or like time to myself. I hardly drink now because my fiance is not a regular drinker. I would hate to think of how much more I might drink if we weren't together, and I would really be messed up if we never met. I really don't want to be that way again, it is scary to think if we broke up... :( I have seen plenty of people that are pretty blasted but still remain somewhat composed, you can barely tell, usually they just say so and then you know, but me, I think I like to use it as an excuse to be silly, lol, that can't be good, lol.... :(

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
It's never healthy (emotionally, or spiritually), to drink alcohol in order to make you feel good about yourself. All too often you're just masking a deeper problem. They don't call it 'drowning your sorrows' for nothing. You're better off giving up the grog totally (at least for a while), and working out what the problem is, and trying to find a solution...rather than looking for it in the bottom of a bottle.

I drink, though not a whole lot. Should the oppurunity arise, why not? Drinking when under control is not an issue. It's the same for me with smoking. Not cigarettes, cause they're sick. But I ended a show and some of us walked to a park at like 3 am after striking the set and we sat and had some celebratory cigars... bonding time. its all done in moderation.

Rex

Founder
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I drink the occasional Rolling Rock

or Bombay Saphire

But I am really into Red Wines. MMM

how about you?

Lightkeeper

I drink no alcohol. I come from a family of very heavy drinkers and I chose not to drink at all. It is amazing to see the differences between me and the heavy drinkers. They look older than I do and I am older than they are. Some are losing their hair. They miss a lot of work. They are spiritually defunct. They have no depth, but are fun, because they are good time Charlies. There is also a large difference in mental ability also.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I have about 1 drink a month... usually a glass of wine with dinner but its occasionally a small mixed drink... (new englander in paradise= coconut rum and Moxie)

wa:-do

I also come from a family that makes it hard for me not to want to, but since my current relationship I have learned to drink only if there is cause or special occasion. I used to drink mixed drinks, never beer, and now I am really liking red wine, white is ok, and I like that it is chilled, but red just tastes better. I just don't care for it when it is warm-warm, it is too bold for me then. My fav is Pinot Noir, cuz it is light and sweet, well, more than the others. I decided to start drinking wine and quit mixed drinks cuz I can really start to kick mixed drinks back once I get one in me. Wine is so strong I can only sip, it takes quite a while to get a glass in me, so I would have to have a significant amount of time to get me as blasted as 2 hours with mixed drinks would. It helps me drink responsibly, aka, s-l-o-w-l-y, lol... And it is soo much more heathy for you, well, in moderation :)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
These days I drink maybe once a fortnight, if that. Usually it's one or two beers then. Sometimes mixed drinks...usually vodka based. If there's nothing in my fridge, I don't tend to miss it. When I was younger I went through the usual binge-drinking and going out to the pub/clubs every weekend, but I'm way over that lol. Although I've found that when I am in company, I tend to drink (a lot) more. I found out the hard way never to drink alone. :roll: It's more of a social activity for me than anything anyway.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I enjoy GOOD beer; not the mass-produced stuff. I don't really drink more than one at a time; two in one day at the very most.

The Buddhist precepts enjoin one from becoming intoxicated, and as I get older I don't miss being drunk at all.