• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think Samson would be in heaven or Hell?

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Samson from the book of judges. Do you think you would see him in heaven or hell? I think we would see him in hell? Why, because up to the very end Samson was still prideful as he always was.
Even in his greatest moment, he didn't do for the people of Isarel, but instead did it for himself.
Another reason, Samson was a judge he was suppose to uphold what was right and free the Israelite's from oppression, but when he died the Israelites was still oppressed because he was seduced by the enemy. So what do you guys think?

gnostic

The Lost One
Really? In reality, I couldn't care less, because as far as I concern, heaven and hell are fictional and mythological, as is this character, Samson.

But if we are speaking for a purely literary perspective or religious symbolism, then yeah he probably would be.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Samson from the book of judges. Do you think you would see him in heaven or hell? I think we would see him in hell? Why, because up to the very end Samson was still prideful as he always was.
Even in his greatest moment, he didn't do for the people of Isarel, but instead did it for himself.
Another reason, Samson was a judge he was suppose to uphold what was right and free the Israelite's from oppression, but when he died the Israelites was still oppressed because he was seduced by the enemy. So what do you guys think?
Biblical narrative implies that God answered Samson's plea in his last moment.

"Then Samson prayed to God, "remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged"

"Let me die with the Philistines!"

He pulled the two pillars together, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it

I think what is so attractive about the story of Samson is the passion of the man, like other high profile Israelites, Samson is a man of passions, who is not afraid of his strength, not afraid of high romance or foreign women. if being human and passionate is met with hell, prehaps I'd expect some of the most interesting and battle hardened figures in hell.

kejos

Perhaps he did it to restore respect for his position as leader of Israel, and therefore for Israel's God. Even if he did it for himself, there's nothing wrong with it. There's no pride necessarily involved. Scripture affirms that God acts on behalf of his followers- 'his arm is not too short.' A bit of each, I'd say.

In any case, it should never be supposed that Israel's deity acted in any way to increase human pride. That pride is, after all, what constitutes the target of 'the offense of the cross'.

Another reason, Samson was a judge he was suppose to uphold what was right and free the Israelite's from oppression, but when he died the Israelites was still oppressed
His friends rescued his body without resistance, and Philistine influence is not mentioned afterwards, so we might suppose that the death of Philistine rulers and many others of importance was a serious setback to Philistine hegemony.

Last edited:

James C

its not our decision to make its gods me can not take the judgement of other to go to heaven or hell and make it our own:sorry1:!

The

Yes, Samson is in heaven. In the Book of Hebrews 11 the Great Examples of Faith we see Samson and he is listed among them. Yes, Samson did a lot of things that was against the Will of God during his life. We have all done that. There has never been a person in all the history of man even one not one, other then Jesus Christ He is the one and only. We who are saved and the ones who will come to Christ some day, are saved by His Grace along. Samson showed at the end of his life, that he finds and understand who God is truly for the first time maybe in his live trust God and give himself over to God, to be used by God and in His name. May we all fine God and His Love, even if it is at our death.

rusra02

Premium Member
I think that Jehovah was with Samson and gave him power to fight for his people against God's enemies. Samson was a man of faith. I believe he will be resurrected back to life on earth.

Etritonakin

Heaven is not the promise -and hell is not what many believe.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Heb 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
Heb 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Heb 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy... they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Heb 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Eze 34:12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
Eze 34:13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.........
Eze 34:24 And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.
Eze 34:25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.

Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land
: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order:
Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I suppose I should review the text...but for now...

He discovered his strength....when he thought it was gone
he realized his true nature
he then did what he could .....with all of his strength
to undo what he had done to himself

he set an example for others....
discover the deception