• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it Matter What Name You Call God?

ayani

Sun ~ i would say no. i believe there is One Being, present in and existent above the created world, and that Hu can be called by many names. the attributes of the One Being found throughout the world faiths tend to be nearly identical. e.g. descriptions found in the Quran, the Bhagavad Gita, the Guru Granth Sahib, etc. but i feel that one should call upon God in ways that are respectful, humble, and sincere.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Does it matter what name you call God? If so, why? If not, why not?
The name that is above all others ,Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation" Christ = "anointed"
God who is salvation which means deliverence , is the annointed one
According to the judeo christian belief ,the name of Jesus is above all others,as hard as that is to accept by many ,it is in his name that one can be saved
Act 4:12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Everything we do and need is to be done in and through his name.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Jhn 14:13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

False names,false prophets, opposing religions and beliefs will draw men away from the truth of who Christ and God the father are.
Luk 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

One must believe in his name to recieve adoption into the kingdom of God
Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Rom 10:13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;968871 said:
It doesn't matter what name you use as far as I'm concerned. What matters is that whatever it is you're naming "God" - isn't.

:rolleyes:

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;968880 said:
What're you gonna do? Pretty much every foundational mythology says something along the same lines.

I'm thinking precisely the opposite. :p

ayani

angellous_evangellous said:
God I hate existentialism.

lol!

hey, theism and existentialism can be approached as reconcilable philosophies. read Viktor Frankl.

anyway...

A

angellous_evangellous

lol!

hey, theism and existentialism can be approached as reconcilable philosophies. read Viktor Frankl.

anyway...

It's been a trend since existentialism became popular.