• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Like Attract Like?

Ceridwen018

I think ultimately, like attracts like....even if two people are percieved as polar opposites, yet they're still attracted to each other, I think they are really kindred spirits deep down. He may bring out her repressed goofy side, and she may appeal to his secret love of organization....

Even if that's not the case, it seems to me that in order for two people of opposing personalities to get along, they at the very least have to have admiration for their partner's different qualities, and if you truly appreciate something, you can't be that opposite to it.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I think like attracts like, to a certain degree...but not in all things. Think about how boring it would be, to be surrounded by people exactly like you. :bonk: There has to be some differences, or you'd go insane very quickly, I think. Then again, there have to be similarities, for the same reason... Ugh! I think I should have just pointed up to Ceridwen's post and said "What she said". :p

Pah

Uber all member
In my experience like attracts like, like attract unlike, and unlike attracts unlike. I think attraction is the key

-pah-

Lightkeeper

I heard that most dating services work on the basis that like attracts and they look for similarities, when in fact we actually look for things that complement our personality. Maybe in a good relationship we need someone who strengthens our weakness and vice versa.

Pah

Uber all member
Lightkeeper said:
I heard that most dating services work on the basis that like attracts and they look for similarities, when in fact we actually look for things that complement our personality. Maybe in a good relationship we need someone who strengthens our weakness and vice versa.

Some do and of those it is very limited for most. Gail and I met "on-line" but we still had to have that initial meeting - sorta like an interview. It was a bit funny when her daughter happened to come over just before we went to lunch. So I invited her along to conduct any "interviews". She declined the questioning but had a taco salad anyway.

-pah-