• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does one of major reason of conflicts is arms-sales competition?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you. Is it true that many conflicts in the world at any given time are related to (competetion) international weapon sellers? What do you think?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Peace be on you. Is it true that many conflicts in the world at any given time are related to (competetion) international weapon sellers? What do you think?

Weapons development, advancement of technology, geography and arable land/access to clean water. Just for starters, IMO.

Generally, however, I think conflict arises from how a population is denied access to resources for survival.

Mr Nice

If there were arms yet no conflict. There would be no fighting.

The conflict needs to be there first. The arms inflame the situation and potentially cause offshoots (new conflicts in retaliation).

F0uad

It can be used for a conflict but man and woman always fought over silly things before ''Arms'' existed.
Those silly things have now turned into Power, Wealth and Land.

apophenia

Guns influence conflict? That's ridiculous! If I had a gun right now I'd sure show you!

As I just mentioned on the thread about Egypt's President Mursi - two days prior to Mursi announcing his plans for sweeping new powers last November, he was having a meeting with Hilary Clinton.

Since then the US has been supplying him with substantial amounts of armaments.

Putting out a fire with gasoline ?