• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your town have it's on haunted house?

Frank Goad

Does your town have it's on haunted house?With it's own human ghost?As far as I can tell.Mine doesn't.:)

Last edited:

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
The only house being haunted in my city is the crack house down the street. Some real spooksters have taken up residency there

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Château Puymartin is reputed haunted to be haunted by La Dame Blamche (The White Lady)

Legend tells us that the ghost of a young lady dressed in white sometimes appears in the castle. She is the ghost of Thérèse de Saint-Clar, locked up in a small room in the castle for 15 years by her husband after he surprised her together with her lover (who was himself executed).

She was never to leave the room before her death, food being passed through a trapdoor in the ceiling until the end of her life.

Chateau de Puymartin, France: visitor guide and information

I've been there a few times, it's local and handy to take visitors when showing them the area we live. Never seen the white lady though.

Château de Commarque is another place we drag visitors. It is reputedly haunted by a horse. The legend goes there was a clandestine love affair between the daughter of the Count of Commarque and the son of the Baron of Beynac

Mad with rage, the Count of Commarque imprisoned the young man in the dungeon of the castle to have him beheaded.

Since then, it is said that this grounds of the château is haunted by the young man's ghost horse, which wanders the ruins of the fortress on the nights of the full moon in search of its master.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
I've never heard of any haunted houses in the semi-rural town where I live on eastern Long Island, but there are a lot of very old houses in my town -- one with even its own old family graveyard back in the woods on the property.

Earlier this month when I was in England's Cotswolds district I stayed at the Ettington Park Hotel, which is supposedly reputed to be "England's most haunted hotel." When they made the 1963 movie The Haunting, the producers went to England to use the Ettington for all the exterior shots of New England's fictional Hill House in the movie.

My room in the Ettington was right near the Long Gallery, said to be the core of the hotel's hauntings. The entrance to the Long Gallery is generally kept locked, but the hotel steward unlocked it for me, because I told him I wanted to explore in the middle of the night. I can truthfully state that the Long Gallery definitely has a "cold spot" right where you step through the entranceway. (Not unlike the "cold spot" in the entranceway to the Nursery in the movie's Hill House.) I went into the Long Gallery by myself around 2am one night (my man refused to go with me). I have to say it was a bit disappointing, as no spirits revealed themselves to me. But it was plenty cold in the Long Gallery.

Here's a picture I took of the hotel when I was there.

IMG_3401.JPG

Here's a picture I took inside the Long Gallery.

IMG_3422.JPG

You can read about the history of the Ettington Park Hotel at this link: Ettington Park Hotel - Wikipedia

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think the only so-called haunted house in my childhood and youth was a bombed-out one from WWII - but where it was probably used by couples who didn't want to be disturbed spreading such rumours. :eek: