• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

don’t look up

Redneck Mystic

One warm April day in 1994, my 3rd wife and her son and a licensed clinical social worker friend of ours, who had told me I should read up on St. John of the Cross, were sitting chairs on the side patio of our home. I chanced to look up and saw a white oval shaped spaceship parked beside a cloud about a mile up. I told them to look up at the spaceship parked beside a cloud, and they said in unison, “Yeah right, Sloan.” I told them again to look up at the spaceship parked beside the cloud, and heard the same thing. The spaceship darted behind the cloud, a maneuver no human aircraft could have done. I told them about that, and came back, “Yeah right, Sloan.” The cloud started being stretched across the sky like a giant vapor trail, and I told them to look at that, and heard the same thing back. I asked them again to look up and see what the spaceship was doing to the cloud, and there was silence.

That night, the boy came to me alone and asked me if I had seen a spaceship? I asked him if he had ever known me to make up something? He said, no. I said, “You didn’t look up because you were afraid what your mother and our friend might think about you.” He said, “Yes” I said, That happened for you, because I already knew about ETs, and I bet the next time I tell you to look up at a spaceship, you will do it.” He said, “Yes.” But there was no next time for him, while I was with them.

It dawned on me last year that the spaceship event was my clue to pack my bags and leave. Had I done that, it would have saved me a lot of heartache and money.

Last edited: