• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Sutherland, the towering actor whose career spanned 'M.A.S.H.' to 'Hunger Games,' dies at 88

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Donald Sutherland, the towering actor whose career spanned 'M.A.S.H.' to 'Hunger Games,' dies at 88

Kiefer Sutherland, the actor's son, confirmed his father's death Thursday. No further details were immediately available.

The tall and gaunt Canadian actor with a grin that could be sweet or diabolical was known for offbeat characters like Hawkeye Pierce in Robert Altman's "M.A.S.H.," the hippie tank commander in "Kelly's Heroes" and the stoned professor in "Animal House."

Before transitioning into a long career as a respected character actor, Sutherland epitomized the unpredictable, antiestablishment cinema of the 1970s .

Definitely one of the greats. Rest in peace.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
He is going to be missed, that's for sure. He also played in Don't Look Now, as well as many, many more movies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
RIP, dude.
th

F1fan

Veteran Member
I sw Klute recently and did not know he was in it. He did an amazing job. And I always loved him as Oddball in Kelly's Heros. Great ensemble cast in that.