• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dream Weaver

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Ok, I'm going out on a limb here and will probably lose all credibility, but here goes: I have these dreams that, for lack of a better description, my family calls "Airplane Dreams." My daughter has them too. We dream about a specific airplane crash that happens within 72 hours of the dream. I don't dream about EVERY plane crash that happens, but I can promise you that if I do dream about a plane crash, it's going to happen in a few days - and exactly as I dreamed it.

For instance (this is an actual scenario), I dream that I see a fighter jet crash into a village square in France. I know it's in France because I recognize the village (I was actually there a few years ago). I dream that two people are killed in the crash, but no one is killed on the ground.

Then, two days later, two American pilots are killed in an experimental fighter jet when it crashes into a village in France.

So I guess my question is, "WHY am I dreaming these dreams?" If I'm not part of the solution, I'm part of the problem - or at least that's how I feel about it. I don't particularly like this "gift," and I use that term loosely.

Is this a common sort of paranormal experience? Personally I don't much care for it!

Jeremy Mason

I had dreams of scary waves in the ocean for six months and then the tsunami hit. After that those dreams stopped.

Later, I had a dream of multiple tornadoes as a huge storm system was dumping snow over us in Colorado. The next day as that system was over the mid-west a rash of tornadoes destroyed several mid-western towns.

Kathryn

Now that's interesting. There's a difference though, between your weather related dreams and the airplane dreams. Weather is predictable - even tsunamis happen fairly often - though no one predicted the extremity of that tsunami a few years ago.

These airplane dreams aren't predictable in the usual sense. I mean, sure, airplane accidents happen all the time, but I dream about the SPECIFIC events two or three days before they happen. So that's what I think is really odd. I've never heard of anyone else whose had this happen to them on a regular basis, but I'm sure there are people out there that it happens to.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I think all people have 'prophetic dreams', or deja vus and the like. the question is if its not simply certain chemicals triggered in the brain and stimulate the sense of 'seeing it before'.
perhaps, if you are interested to explore your dream world, you should look into training yourself in lucid dreaming.

My doctor cousin is fascinated by dreams, and he very much likes to explore the issue, his idea is 'discovering the DNA of dreams'.

Kathryn

It is deja vu. Happnes to me ALL the time. You did not predict the future :)

I didn't claim that I predicted the future. But anyone who would assert that it's not UNUSUAL for someone to have about ten dreams of airplane crashes all over the world, that then happened within 72 hours of the dream - well, I think it's a little odd. And unsettling! For me anyway. I would prefer that it didn't happen.

I didn't claim that I predicted the future. But anyone who would assert that it's not UNUSUAL for someone to have about ten dreams of airplane crashes all over the world, that then happened within 72 hours of the dream - well, I think it's a little odd. And unsettling! For me anyway. I would prefer that it didn't happen.
Sorry, i didn't mean it like that. It is unusual, but when you see something you think it has already happened before or you just saw this even take place before it even happened. Of course, when it happens to me it happens to me on a much smaller scale.

Also, having multiple plane crashes, that just supports that it is deja vu, i cannot know anything for sure, but it seems like the most reasonable, rational explanation to me.

write your dreams down and timestamp then then when the plane crashes link it to the dream do this for atleast 4 planes and send them to the news to get your 15 min of fame

Kathryn

write your dreams down and timestamp then then when the plane crashes link it to the dream do this for atleast 4 planes and send them to the news to get your 15 min of fame

YUCK no thanks! But I do tell my friends and family beforehand. If I have another of those dreams I'll post it on here and we'll see what happens.

I'll probably then get arrested by Homeland Security! LOL

Kathryn

Sorry, i didn't mean it like that. It is unusual, but when you see something you think it has already happened before or you just saw this even take place before it even happened. Of course, when it happens to me it happens to me on a much smaller scale.

Also, having multiple plane crashes, that just supports that it is deja vu, i cannot know anything for sure, but it seems like the most reasonable, rational explanation to me.

You're probably right.

btw not that im supersticius or anything but if you have more dreams like that post them here since il be flying alot next month and i wouldn't wanna die in a flaming plane wreak when someone already warned for it

Not Bob

It didn't happen 72 hours in advance, and it wasn't a dream, but I was driving around town one night, forget where I was going, but anyway, this was in the midwest, Kansas City area. So I was driving at night and I saw this stream of red falling from the sky on the horizon. I thought a plane had caught fire and was going down. I went home and turned the news on but there was nothing about a plane crash. The next morning, I had the TV on while eating my breakfast and the news was talking about TWA flight 800 crashed off the coast of New York.

Kathryn

It didn't happen 72 hours in advance, and it wasn't a dream, but I was driving around town one night, forget where I was going, but anyway, this was in the midwest, Kansas City area. So I was driving at night and I saw this stream of red falling from the sky on the horizon. I thought a plane had caught fire and was going down. I went home and turned the news on but there was nothing about a plane crash. The next morning, I had the TV on while eating my breakfast and the news was talking about TWA flight 800 crashed off the coast of New York.

FREAK OUT. Sheeze!