• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dreams and nightmares

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Another member posting about a dream or nightmare got me thinking about the subject. As a kid, my mom didn't like me watching scary movies. She told me if I watched scary movies, I would have nightmares. I'm not sure that's actually happened for me, where I can determine that with any consistency, though. I find I often seem to have more bad dreams when I don't watch scary movies.

I do have regular dreams every now and then, over twice a month, and I can usually remember them - at least for the next 24 hours.

But anyway, for the past month, I've been watching a lot of music videos, and some of them have scary imagery. Oftentimes, you can't even tell whether a video is scary or not just based on the first 20 seconds of it. So while I don't always seek out scary imagery, the songs I listen to often have it, which I often don't mind. But the point is, you'd think that me watching this scary fiction would give me nightmares. That me now subscribing to the Left Hand Path would give me nightmares as part of my faith. But even my dreams seem to have inverted a bit as part of my path. I find I only really have nightmares when I think about things in a conventional way. Because I will have fears that need to be worked out through dreams. But as I embrace the Left Hand Path, my dreams have mostly been wonderful these days. Dreams about success. Lots of dreams where I do stand-up comedy. Dreams about finding love. The only exception was the dream I had I told you guys about where I was a teenager getting suspended from High School. But at the time, I was kind of thinking in a vanilla way for certain reasons, too.

So I just thought it interesting. It's not that I don't believe Left Hand Path people can have nightmares that scare them. It's just...... something that might be cool to look at is whether this inverted path, can also lead to inverted dreams.

stvdv

Veteran Member
So I just thought it interesting. It's not that I don't believe Left Hand Path people can have nightmares that scare them. It's just...... something that might be cool to look at is whether this inverted path, can also lead to inverted dreams.
Aghoris walk a 'real' scary path, not a virtual path, like watching TV. The idea is to confront one's fears and transcend them

It's a legit path, so it works. Kind of inverted (transcended) dreams;)