• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dysfunctional family history

freeman2008

First of all, just let me emphasize; there is no such thing as a "cowboy dude". It was all a series of lies designed to slander my name. A rather ridiculous series of lies, to be honest. I find it denigrating to the American public as a whole, that this whole con was believed by millions. It has to be the biggest con pulled off since War of the Worlds by Orson Welles.
The story goes back further, but let just give you the history of how the cowboy dude name got started. Perhaps you won't want to read the rest of the story, it gets quite insane at times. It has taken on a form of mass hysteria akin to a national sport. But, to get back on topic, the cowboy dude name got started on a trip to Colorado back in the 70's. I met an old cowboy there by the name of Harvey. He was a bare fisted bar brawling kind of guy. He used to sit at the bar and say "I been in 72 bar fights! Count 'em! 72!" He seemed quite amused that I was a long hair guy from out of town and wasn't afraid of getting my butt kicked in a redneck bar. So, he gave me his fighting hat. Nothing special about it really, just a plain old olive green cowboy hat with a leather band on it. Accept that it had a hand giving the finger painted on the top of it. He said when you're sitting at the bar and you tilt your hat back, you're giving the guy behind you the finger. Good ol' Harvey, I still laugh about the time I went over to his house and him and his wife were taking a bath in their clawfoot bathtub in the backyard. Harvey had his boots on.
Anyway, I took that hat back to Lynnwood, WA with me. Everyone started calling me cowboy. Well, ok.
Years later, when the "I believe the stepmom" movement was in full swing, the name took on a more derogatory meaning. It was shortly after I became a truck driver. My stepmother knew that the name cowboy driver was a bad name in the trucking business from her time as a truck stop hooker in Reno, where she met her first husband, a truck driver who was contracted to the railroad. After they got divorced he had to get a restraining order on her. She apparently decided all truck drivers were evil and she was the community religious leader that was going to eradicate them. Kind of ironic that all those drivers who believed the stepmom were in fact being made fool of by someone who hated them. Welcome to the new America.
After a couple of years of that, the name got changed to cowboy dude because someone decided I wasn't actually a real cowboy. Imagine that. They started saying I was the cowboy who liked rock. Actually, in retrospect, I'm more like a rocker who likes country. All sorts of wild stories started cropping up. I became something of an urban legend, and I never did anything really except try and hold down a job in the midst of it all. It started becoming a national pastime to see who could be the one to take down the cowboy dude. Kind of like the top gun mentality. It got to the point even the people I was making money for were doing it.
Now days people hate the cowboy dude, and most of them don't even know why. It's just the popular thing to do. They don't even know what my real name is.
So there it is. The cowboy dude is nothing but the figment of imagination brought on by mass hysteria. To be honest, if I had a chance to do it all over again, I don't know if I would change a thing. I've proven that my faith in above is steadfast even against millions. That's got to be worth something when Judgment Day rolls around. So I forgive it. See you on the other side.