• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Early Roman Creeds: "all things to all people"

Coder

I believe:

Early Roman creeds: "all things to all people" - your belief in "gods" is transitioned to belief in the one true God.

The trinity is not a reality, so don't strain yourself with irrational metaphors. The Bible and the early Roman creeds are "all things to all people" (1 Corinthians 9:22).

This is the "trinity":
  • If you are Jewish, your God ==> the one God (correct, See Romans 3 below)
  • If you are Roman, the main God of Rome, Jupiter ("father in heavens/sky") ==> the one God (Father)
  • If you are Greco-Roman: "gods", "sons of gods", divine and divi filius emperors, your "god" and "son of god" ==> the one God
  • If you are Jewish, Armenian Zoroastrian, or polytheist, "holy spirit", now personified ==> "the one God"
The creeds say "I believe in one God" and identify the one God as the Father.
All the various "gods" and the true God of Judaism are mapped to the one true God.
Why do you think the creeds say "true God"?
The trinity is: "If you have a god", the belief is now in the one true God.

1 Corinthians 9:22 "...all things to all people..."
Romans 3:7 "...if through my lie God's truth abounds..."
(Roman government pressure) Parables / lies are supposedly justified in order to lead to the true God of Judaism
Romans 3: "...What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, ...? Much in every way..."
And my dear friends, what is an advantage that the Jewish people had (and still have)?
Their advantage is that they already believed in the one God.
John 4:22 "...You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know..."

"Although in Jewish scripture the Holy Spirit is never presented as a person..."

Matthew 13:10:
“...Why do you use parables when you speak to the crowds?...” ...
“...Because they haven’t received the secrets..." ;)
The trinity is not real, it's merely a theological patch for the parable.

Last edited: