• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Embrace your dark side!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings!

I have yet to read any of Debbie Ford's books ...

Here's a sample -

What is the Shadow?

The shadow contains all the parts of ourselves that we try to hide, deny or suppress. It is the keeper of all the aspects of ourselves that we dislike and the qualities that we judge as unacceptable. The shadow wears many faces: angry, critical, fearful, lazy, controlling, selfish, weak, pathetic. These are the faces we don’t want to show the world and the faces we don’t want to show ourselves. Most of us expend huge amounts of energy trying to get rid of or control these unwanted aspects of ourselves. We hope that by hiding or fixing our "bad qualities" we will have the peace, success and happiness we desire. Most of us are convinced that we are flawed and inadequate so we become masters of disguise, and go to great lengths to hide our bad qualities from those around us – even from ourselves.

For the full article -

Debbie Ford - The Shadow Process - Feature Article on Shadow Work Systems

Enjoy!

Tmac

Greetings!

I have yet to read any of Debbie Ford's books ...

Here's a sample -

What is the Shadow?

The shadow contains all the parts of ourselves that we try to hide, deny or suppress. It is the keeper of all the aspects of ourselves that we dislike and the qualities that we judge as unacceptable. The shadow wears many faces: angry, critical, fearful, lazy, controlling, selfish, weak, pathetic. These are the faces we don’t want to show the world and the faces we don’t want to show ourselves. Most of us expend huge amounts of energy trying to get rid of or control these unwanted aspects of ourselves. We hope that by hiding or fixing our "bad qualities" we will have the peace, success and happiness we desire. Most of us are convinced that we are flawed and inadequate so we become masters of disguise, and go to great lengths to hide our bad qualities from those around us – even from ourselves.

For the full article -

Debbie Ford - The Shadow Process - Feature Article on Shadow Work Systems

Enjoy!

Personally, I don't mind not seeing others bad qualities but I was thinking about my so called dark side and I find that one must have a traumatic moment like rejection, followed by anger and the rejection justifies the thoughts and the more you stay there, you can see it for what it is but most people can't stay angry that long.

PureX

Veteran Member
I have no 'dark side'. I'm white and bright as Hitler's guardian angel, inside and out. Debbie Ford can go ___ herself! :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Very often in a certain form of therapy, the house is used as a symbol for oneself. This happens in guided imagery. This can also be explored in poetry. A few years ago I wrote an exploration of myself in the form of exploring a house. It was helpful. Here's part of what I wrote back then. The progress through the 'house' was only possible once the basement had been explored:

Walking carefully down the narrow stairs and low ceiling,
we enter the dimly lit basement.

On the left,
we see a bed of scorpions in the room's center.
Broken open hard shells
are scattered around the floor.

On the right, there's an alcove in the hall.
Placed there is a statue of a boy
with a deformed face,
fingers tearing at his flesh,
huddled in a heap on the floor.

The boy does not notice a shadowy figure
with sheltering arms
on the alcove's walls.

(after exploring the basement and the ground floor, upper levels are explored ending with):

We leave through the skylight:
lit candles
walking on a rainbow
toward the sun.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Very often in a certain form of therapy, the house is used as a symbol for oneself. This happens in guided imagery. This can also be explored in poetry. A few years ago I wrote an exploration of myself in the form of exploring a house. It was helpful. Here's part of what I wrote back then. The progress through the 'house' was only possible once the basement had been explored:

Walking carefully down the narrow stairs and low ceiling,
we enter the dimly lit basement.

On the left,
we see a bed of scorpions in the room's center.
Broken open hard shells
are scattered around the floor.

On the right, there's an alcove in the hall.
Placed there is a statue of a boy
with a deformed face,
fingers tearing at his flesh,
huddled in a heap on the floor.

The boy does not notice a shadowy figure
with sheltering arms
on the alcove's walls.

(after exploring the basement and the ground floor, upper levels are explored ending with):

We leave through the skylight:
lit candles
walking on a rainbow
toward the sun.

Thanks for sharring!

:)