• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emotional Connection To God

Peggy Anne

Deist Aries
I feel an emotional connection to god. The happy emotions grew stronger the more I distanced from "Dogmatic religious rules." I see god as a being. Many see god in the wonders of Nature, and I see that view as well. My emotional connection relates to gratitude. I used to be a Christian way back, because it was put upon me at an early age. Eventually, I decided to continue my "God as friend" relationship from childhood, and keep things simple in adulthood. Do any of you feel close to god, emotionally ? I ask because many Deists seem to indicate that god isn't personally active in their lives beyond his natural laws. There isn't a "right" or "wrong" answer. My communications with god are telepathic. Sometimes, I will just come right out and say "You amaze me" as I look at the millions of stars.