• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Engaging the Rage...

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Everything seems to be getting on my nerves this week. The chick at work talking in general. Microwave beeps. The guy at work next to me singing under his breath. Some people who choose to breathe...Makes me want to punch the desk or something.

What little things or seemingly mundane things really get your goat?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Usually, if trivial things are getting to me it's because I have too much life stress in general. And that means some overarching thing in my life needs fixing.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Why is the rum gone?

Other than that... nothing that really brings me into frustration. Various things **** me off, but its not necessarily all bad. Sometimes getting ****** off is a reminder that we need to put our foot down, or start moving things, or simply initiating a productive change. In fact, I even enjoy getting angry occasionally. Gets me focused.

Thana

Lady
People generally.
They're annoying :D

Also, The neighbours puppy. Everyday, all day, Crying constantly.
I love animals, But I want to strangle that damn puppy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People who waste my time & money really pi** me off.
Louzy grafflen slucklpucking doily snifting ploddfartners!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Everything seems to be getting on my nerves this week. The chick at work talking in general. Microwave beeps. The guy at work next to me singing under his breath. Some people who choose to breathe...Makes me want to punch the desk or something.

I don't exactly get ticked off so much anymore, but when I do, it's when somebody:

1) Wastes my time.
2) Abuses or harasses my family or employees.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Umm...I want to kill one of my cats. And I love cats.

He just friggen is SOOO needy . He jumps on me and tares my shirts. And he follows me around and he tries to run away if I open the door.

I pay a lot of attention to him .He still claws my scalp and scratches my legs.And stalks me .(he stares at me when I take a bath)

Maybe he is the reason I don't let people opening and shutting the microwave door (and the beeping) bother me so much ?

Maybe you need a cat ?(and two grandchildren?)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
For me it's transference. So if work is really frustrating me, and other people start asking me really pedantic questions, I'll get snappy, regardless of how reasonable the questions are. Even worse, I contribute to it by giving the briefest possible answer to the original question. I've never quite worked out whether I'm trying to provoke the argument, or trying to send a warning sign that I'm grumpy and should be left alone for a while.

But that's a rarity, in truth. I'm usually a sweetheart.

;)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Commercials and advertising and " reality" shows. Other than the stupidity and general obnoxious nuances, the worst methinks is putting musical scores to peoples tragedy.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
People who use the word "myself" instead of "me".
I stopped using 'me' and started using I and Myself more often because I was criticized by another North American member for bad grammar.
So I'd like to add another pet peeve to this thread: Spoiled, ethnocentric North Americans who take for granted people from other regions who engage them in discussions in English, without ever expecting the same courtesy. :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I stopped using 'me' and started using I and Myself more often because I was criticized by another North American member for bad grammar.
So I'd like to add another pet peeve to this thread: Spoiled, ethnocentric North Americans who take for granted people from other regions who engage them in discussions in English, without ever expecting the same courtesy. :p
We N Americans are so out of touch with our own grammar, that they were probably incorrectly correcting you.
I figured out an easy test for one common misuse of myself, The two-of-us problem:
Right: Bob & I drove to the store.
Wrong: Bob & myself drove to the store. <--- Common among people who want to seem highfalutin (put'n on airs).
Just remove the other person, & listen to how it sounds.
No one would ever say "Myself drove to the store.". They'd say "I drove to the store.".
So adding in Bob, "Bob & I drove to the store.". Then Bob made an arsch of himself by hitting on a cashier, but that's another story.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wow, to be admired for your beauty.
How absolutely dreadful.
Must be terrible!

:drool:
My solution to being hated for being pretty:
1) Loud Hawaiian shirts
2) Baggy khaki pants
3) Sensible shoes, especially socks with sandals
4) Cheap & infrequent haircuts
5) Long range anchovy breath
And if all else fails to prevent people from stopping me to comment on me svelte appearance, I ask'm.....
"Would you like to know more about Jesus & whole life insurance?"

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Yeah, that showed those wascally North Americans. :D