• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enochian grammar

I'm curious whether or not the application of Enochian is subjective to the language it is being translated out of, or if the words are supposed to go in a certain order. By what I have encountered it seems like word replacement. I am wondering if there is a set style for the arrangement of nouns and verbs and so on, or if it would be just as proper to replace words and phrases with the Enochian equivalent(not all words can be replaced, so metaphors would have to be used for some phrases, leaving the translation open for individual interpretation).
BTW, I know that the enochian system is incomplete and very complex, but I'm just talking about the translation from english to enochian. Also I've read that LaVey's use of enochian was incorrect, however, that is how I use it.
Any and all help is much appreciated.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Ave Enlightened One!

I use the Enochian of the Word of Set which is Dr. Michael Aquino's version of the original Enochian Keys by Dr. John Dee. When I speak the language of the Enochian passages I simply read them as they're spelled, for instance:

The First Part of the Word of Set:
"Ol sonf vorsg, goho Iad balt lansh calz vonpho Sobra zol ror i ta Nazpsad Graa ta Malprg..."

I think you get the idea. But I read them in an evocative tone and with passion. And then follow with the English version, also in an evocative and passionate tone of voice.
The First Part (English)
"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe; whose eyes are the Face of the Sun and the Dark Fire of Set;..."

Yes, the LaVey version of Enochian was incorrect. Aquino reverted back to the original Enochian by Dr. Dee, but changed the English translation to coincide with Setianism. However, if you find LaVey's version more in line with your own unique magical tastes, by all means use it.;) After all, true Magic is all about Manifesting your own individual Will.

Envoke often!

May the Dark Light for ever Illuminate your Being!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:
Thank you Brother and fellow Knight of the Black Order for that link to the Enochian language. After studying it, I also will be using it as well.:D

Xeper!
/Adramelek\

No problem, I like it because it cites multiple sources. I have never "studied" enochian so this was the best that I had to roll with.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
No problem, I like it because it cites multiple sources. I have never "studied" enochian so this was the best that I had to roll with.

The "Enochian Dictionary", linked to us by the Enlightened One, is a must for the Enochian Magician, it is very accurate and precise. It is a must have for those who study and practice from either "The Enochian Magick of Dr. John Dee" by Geoffrey James, or the "Word of Set".

Xeper!
/Adramelek\

Last edited: