• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

eurovision 2006!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
:band::guitar1::drums::guitar1:

so, who's watching it? who you voting for? is anyone else in the UK fed up with Wogan yet? (i am!)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i was impressed with Denmark, Russia (because he was cute!) Romania, but Greece was amazing, if for nothing else but that amazing white vale!

Finland would win if it were middle-earth vision, but saddly no....

Lithuania was annoying, though it would be ironic if they came second :rolleyes: that horrid flammingo dress for Croatia's entry was just a "no"... she was only their entry, in my oppinion, because she had nice legs.

UK to win though, that was out best ever! however, i can't vote for UK, so i voted Sweden in the end .... she was genuinley pretty, a good singer, and an amazing performance!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
wow, votes just in, and i guess it really was middle-earth vision, congratulations to the trolls of Finland! :clap

and UK got more than 0, so a good evening all round!

Fluffy

A fool
Finland won!!! I'm so so happy about that :). I can't stand Eurovision and a "hard rock" band winning just makes my day. A kick square to the face of euro pop and conformity in general.

Also Wogan is just about the only thing that makes it watchable! If it wasn't for his droll comments every now again, I think I would get too disgusted with myself and turn off. The only think that would top him as commentry would be a "I've Got News For You" panel.

As for the political voting thang, its fairly notable that Israel got a mere 4 points this year. At least we did better than our 0 points in 2003 (after invading Iraq).

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Fluffy said:
Also Wogan is just about the only thing that makes it watchable! If it wasn't for his droll comments every now again, I think I would get too disgusted with myself and turn off. The only think that would top him as commentry would be a "I've Got News For You" panel.
i dunno, his dry comments were suitable during the voting, but i just get bored and sleep when ever i hear Wogan's voice :sorry1:

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
How can be fed up with Terry?! That's blasphemy if ever i've heard it!

I watched the whole thing, apart from the Irish entry which made me want to vomit "Every song is a cry for love" ugh... :cheese:

I'm glad Finland won, next year's eurovision is gonna be sooooo weird.

But, Latvia's entry, what the bloody hell?
I thought it was cool that they only sung, no instruments at all - but what the heck was the dancing blackboard all about?

Nehustan

Halcyon said:
But, Latvia's entry, what the bloody hell?
I thought it was cool that they only sung, no instruments at all - but what the heck was the dancing blackboard all about?

I rang up and voted for Latvia...I thought it was great (despite of the wierd robot 'blackboard')

Opethian

Finland won!!! I'm so so happy about that :). I can't stand Eurovision and a "hard rock" band winning just makes my day. A kick square to the face of euro pop and conformity in general.

Haha I agree. Eurovision is the only international song contest, and they should better call it Lame Short Unoriginal Pop Song Contest. It's quite funny that a band that is consider comical among Metal/Hard Rock fans wins the contest. The festival should broaden up and allow some real music to participate next time. The people that organise it probably don't know what the word progressive means, or instrumental skill either. That should change.

d.

_______
Opethian said:
The festival should broaden up and allow some real music to participate next time.

i beg to differ; there would be no point.

the eurovision is the only vehicle for a certain kind of unbelievably kitsch and bizarre pop music that's so bad that it would never have any chance of selling via the usual radio route. there's a special blend there between incredibly dull, shockingly bizarre and perverted (think dschingis khan) that you can't find anywhere else nowadays.

that's the whole point of the festival. a 'real' music contest - who'd want to see that!?

btw, WHAT DID YOU BLOODY BRITS SEND THIS YEAR! i can't for the life of me remember when i saw something that...awful. ok, our song wasn't all that either, but what the...i had to hide behind the sofa and switch channel.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
divine said:
i beg to differ; there would be no point.

the eurovision is the only vehicle for a certain kind of unbelievably kitsch and bizarre pop music that's so bad that it would never have any chance of selling via the usual radio route. there's a special blend there between incredibly dull, shockingly bizarre and perverted (think dschingis khan) that you can't find anywhere else nowadays.

that's the whole point of the festival. a 'real' music contest - who'd want to see that!?

btw, WHAT DID YOU BLOODY BRITS SEND THIS YEAR! i can't for the life of me remember when i saw something that...awful. ok, our song wasn't all that either, but what the...i had to hide behind the sofa and switch channel.

with all due respect, i think our performance was brilliant..... until the weird lolly-pop man came on.... those girls on their own could have won it for us though!

btw, when i first saw that guy in the yellow jacket, my initial thought was "it's a crazy lolly-pop man"!