• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

? Everyone is Equal ?

Mankind are also suffering from terminal illnessess too... does that mean that God must have made them that way? Is it God who made a person to be born blind? Did he create some with deformities which prevent them from walking and talking?

Have you considered that these problems are the result of our imperfection?

Then God is not the creator of all things seen and unseen. If you build a widget and the widget breaks because of a defect is it the widgets fault it broke?

If you leave the lights on in your car and the battery dies is that the fault of the car?

It can't be God is only responsible for the good things, while all the bad is our fault or Satan.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
only 3 individuals messed it up for us... satan, Adam and Eve.

They introduced imperfection, God will remove it....nothing can thwart his plans.
It seems to me that this god himself introduced imperfection into the world by placing a tree of knowledge of good and evil in front of two people who had no knowledge of good and evil and expecting them to be able to make decisions related to good and evil. :confused:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Mankind are also suffering from terminal illnessess too... does that mean that God must have made them that way? Is it God who made a person to be born blind? Did he create some with deformities which prevent them from walking and talking?

Have you considered that these problems are the result of our imperfection?
Homosexual orientation is not an illness, any more than being Jewish or having dark skin is an illness.:facepalm:

WyattDerp

really?

what about the account of Job...the death of all of his children was the devils doing.

Gods law says clearly that you must not murder... Satan has not obeyed that law, he is a murderer.

Actually, Satan asked for permission. And it was granted that he can do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't kill Job. Unless I totally misremember it.

After all, it's not murder God is conducting a test or making a point, or when Israelites run into neighbours, etc.

It's kinda like law today: It's not allowed to murder without lots of paperwork, but if you have the paperwork, it's totally patriotic to even make money off it.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Gods law says clearly that you must not murder... Satan has not obeyed that law, he is a murderer.
Satan has done absolutely nothing without Gods permission.

Thus the reason you must change the definition of the word "murder" in order for your above quoted statement.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Satan is murder? And what bout the deaths god has caaused?
and how did satn cuse homosexuality

Iti oj

Premium Member
I would say inequality is the cause of inequality. People have never been equal, we are all different.

Satan caused you to sat that.

But seriously different does not mean unequal....
thought what is equality.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I didn't say that homosexuality is transmitted from one person to another, not in so many words anyway. All sicknesses don't have the same properties.

Cancer is a disease so too AIDS, one is transmittable the other not.
Fair enough.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
By your definition AIDS is not a disease/sickness.

Islam prohibits/views as a sin the acts of homosexuality. Just as it views the act of sex outside/before marriage a sin for heterosexuals. One must not be weak and give into their lusts and desires.

But we have good and bad desires. Presumably, if someone desired to help the poor, worship God, or marry the person they love (of the opposite sex), you would be okay with them giving into those desires, right?

Homosexuality involves desire, sure... but so does every human activity. It's no grounds for you to condemn it. First, you would have to demonstrate that there's actually something wrong with homosexuality.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God DOES want everyone to be saved. And really, my own sins are worse than those of any gay/lesbian/bisexual person, and those people are often better Christians than I am. Why should I say how bad others have it? Isn't saying that anyone is at a disadvantage in terms of their ability to be redeemed, in and of itself a form of judging others?

However I believe my sins are not voluntary. My will is to obey God. The Homosexual is willfully sinning and disobeying God.

I believe Christianity is about being saved from sin so the Homosexual is not a Christian in any way except name only.

Iti oj

Premium Member
However I believe my sins are not voluntary. My will is to obey God. The Homosexual is willfully sinning and disobeying God.

I believe Christianity is about being saved from sin so the Homosexual is not a Christian in any way except name only.
you just judged another. Yes, thats exactly what you did. Jesus clearly told us not to do that. Looks like your in the same boat as the homosexuals christians in name only..:slap: