• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Kilgore Trout but Were Afraid to Ask

Straw Dog

That's tough to narrow to one. If I had to limit it to three, it would probably be Kurt Vonnegut - Timequake, Frank Herbert - Dune, and Jack Kerouac - On the Road. Other favorite authors include William Borroughs, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Dan Simmons and Stephen R. Donaldson.

Thanks for sharing. Those three books/authors are in my top ten. Vonnegut was especially influential.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What's the most important political problem(s) facing the United States these days?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Why are you so funny?

Because the long, dark trials of this horrific and soul-destroying nightmare we call life have tempered me over time, and have opened my eyes to the constant terror, pain, and misery of reality. Because the only things that are more deep and consistent than the bone-aching depression and sadness of existence, are the nameless fears and horrors awaiting us around every corner. Because, after all the pointless, empty, and painful experiences we suffer through, we are met with nothing but an infinite expanse of nothingness.

This is why I'm so funny.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
When did you become an assassin? And, how much are they paying you? Also, when did you attain immortality?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Can you put into words for us frail human animals what it is like to be so effortlessly awesome?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
मैत्रावरुणिः;3449161 said:
When did you become an assassin? And, how much are they paying you? Also, when did you attain immortality?

The answer to all three questions is the same: jellybeans.