• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, maybe someone can explain?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Since this seems to be a scientific answer about genes. Can someone explain how the genes came about?
It is said and I do not deny it that all living organisms on Earth have genes made of the same four bases: adenine (A), thymine (T), cytosine (C), and guanine (G). These bases are used to form double-stranded DNA molecules that store genetic information. The genetic code is written in the DNA and RNA molecules, and it encodes instructions for how to reproduce and operate the organism.
So these things themselves seem very, very complex. Do scientists know exactly how the DNA structure came about?

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Thanks for this OP.
----
My take on it all is that the double helical electromagnetic currents governs the ditto DNA double helical motions where the attractive and repulsive magnetic polarities sorts out the 4 basic molecules to form everything, all according to the different species.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
You've been here seven years and routinely involved in discussions about evolution and the theory of evolution. I know, since I was involved in them as well. You say you have understood the theory since you were in high school. You read articles and books about it. I'm not sure why you need these answers or another thread.

What do you hope to gain by endlessly rolling the dice going over the same ground that you have covered so many times before?

I suppose someone else may want to go through all of this with you one more time, but I don't see any reason to.

Good luck.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Do scientists know exactly how the DNA structure came about?
They don't know exactly how it came about. There is the materialist camp that believes it must have happened as a result of unthinking processes. Then there is the more spiritualist view that life in the universe is fostered by intelligence (my camp).

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Some scientists believe that DNA originated from RNA in an early life history, when RNA and proteins were more prevalent. They think that DNA evolved from RNA through chemical modifications that made it more stable, as RNA was unstable and prone to mutations. Others believe that DNA and metabolic systems evolved together over time, with the evolution of the metabolic system increasing the number of enzymes and proteins in cells, which then prompted the development of DNA.

YoursTrue

You've been here seven years and routinely involved in discussions about evolution and the theory of evolution. I know, since I was involved in them as well. You say you have understood the theory since you were in high school. You read articles and books about it. I'm not sure why you need these answers or another thread.

What do you hope to gain by endlessly rolling the dice going over the same ground that you have covered so many times before?

I suppose someone else may want to go through all of this with you one more time, but I don't see any reason to.

Good luck.
So far I see no real justification for the concept. From dah beginning...:)

YoursTrue

They don't know exactly how it came about. There is the materialist camp that believes it must have happened as a result of unthinking processes. Then there is the more spiritualist view that life in the universe is fostered by intelligence (my camp).
Certainly seems more reasonable to me, but ! we shall continue -- maybe -- if we keep living...:) Take care.

YoursTrue

I'll bet scientists do not know how DNA came about. As my favorite Dr. Hawking said, (I paraphrase) maybe yes, maybe no -- and on and on goes the imagination...

YoursTrue

Origin of Genes

Oh ... wait ... you wanted SIMPLE, because ... well ... golly gee ... SIMPLE is ... well ... simple.
Well I'll tell you what -- I'll look at it when I have more time. And without doing any research on the terms, I wonder if you can explain how, when, and why. How about it? You know -- by "natural means," ok? Or as good old Dr. H. said -- maybe yes -- maybe no -- maybe this checker piece will go in that space but really -- who knows ??

YoursTrue

In other words, a person must take a stand on the issue as they "examine" it -- so to the experts, what "empirical evidence" is there that these things came about by -- chance attraction, which is, of course, what natural physical means might mean to some...including some scientists.

YoursTrue

Thanks for this OP.
----
My take on it all is that the double helical electromagnetic currents governs the ditto DNA double helical motions where the attractive and repulsive magnetic polarities sorts out the 4 basic molecules to form everything, all according to the different species.
Love it. So -- it happened by magnetic duplication-attraction, etc. (lol...) After all, what else could it be? Brilliant! eventually forming the human race. (lol)

YoursTrue

Good luck.
Ya know -- I was reading an article about an analysis of what used to be employed by magicians as to how they figured what the audience was thinking. Quite interesting. If I run across it again I'll post a link to it. :)

YoursTrue

Thanks for this OP.
----
That's your postulate, right?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
-- so to the experts, what "empirical evidence" is there that these things came about by -- chance attraction
The physicalist camp (not mine) would argue 'what else is there' that can account for DNA and complex life. So, it must have been a sequence of chance/unthinking processes, and we just need to figure out more about how it happened.

cladking

The physicalist camp (not mine) would argue 'what else is there' that can account for DNA and complex life. So, it must have been a sequence of chance/unthinking processes, and we just need to figure out more about how it happened.
Mustta dis and mustta dat is about all there is in studying what else is there or what is.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Oh no!

Not another "I personally don't understand evolution therefore it clearly didn't happen" thread :rolleyes:

As though one random person who has never studied it knows more than those who study it as professionals and all those people are wrong.......