• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extreme Russian Baby Yoga

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
This is in response to a video that recently went viral:
GRAPHIC: Baby Swung Around for 'Yoga' | RTM - RightThisMinute

[youtube]FnRmBD1I1kM[/youtube]
Woman shocks viewers with swinging baby yoga video - YouTube

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Yikes.

When my babies were 2 weeks old, they were constantly swaddled and carried in my sling carrier. They began moving around on their own time without my help, and when they did, I gave them space to do do.

I couldn't do this.

averageJOE

zombie
Yikes.

When my babies were 2 weeks old, they were constantly swaddled and carried in my sling carrier. They began moving around on their own time without my help, and when they did, I gave them space to do do.

I couldn't do this.

What would you do if you saw someone doing this like, say, at a park? Would you intervene? Or mind your own business? I don't think I could walk away or stand and watch.

averageJOE

zombie
मैत्रावरुणिः;3524730 said:
Let's be honest, folks:

That is not Yoga. It is child abuse. Plain and simple.

I agree.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
What would you do if you saw someone doing this like, say, at a park? Would you intervene? Or mind your own business? I don't think I could walk away or stand and watch.

I'm a notorious "buttinsky." So knowing me I'd walk up and start engaging a conversation with the woman while telling my husband to call DCFS after getting video on his phone.

There's no way I'd try to use force (that would likely hurt the baby). But I'd do what I can to redirect the woman's attention to the point where she'd stop swinging the baby around. Probably ask her if she could get something from her purse/bag sitting on the ground. I wouldn't be confrontational (I'll let DCFS do that), but make attempts at conversation for the sole purpose of getting her to stop.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I heard that to pick up a baby by it's arms can cause dislocation and I believe it. To swing it is retarded imo.