• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Organ Meat

Smoke

Done here.
jeffrey said:
Ditto! Love fried chicken liver too!
Chicken liver is the only organ meat I really like. I'll eat beef liver, but I don't really care for it. Chicken liver is the best part of the chicken. :)

nutshell

Does tongue count?

Beef tongue yakiniku style rocks.

Sprinkle it with salt and a bit of lemon juice.

mmm...mmm...good.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Bangbang said:
Liver........I love liver fried with bacon and onions served with mashed potatoes.
I think liver's offal...or do I mean awful ? Sorry, wrong accent!

(sorry, am in a silly mood)

Organ meat? not keen, I must admit; liver can be very tough if you aren't careful, Kidneys can sometimes have a residual taste of something I'd rather not think about; I don't like the consistency of brains..............

Not easy to please with organ meat.:p

Aqualung

Tasty
I haven't really ever eaten any organs. My parents both think it's pretty disgusting to eat organs (in fact, my mom is pretty grossed out about just eating the muscle) so we never got to have any at home, and they certainly don't have it at school. I have had heart, though (from the little bag of organs that comes when you buy a chicken), which was pretty good.

anders

One of my favourite recipies is a chicken liver casserole. Quite simple as well: skipping the details, it's frying mushrooms and onion and the liver and adding cream and some soy sauce.

I used to be sceptic towards kidney (except for English steak and kidney pie), because of all I read that pigs' kidneys first should be soaked in milk for hours etc. But my Chinese GF cleaves them horizontally, carefully removes any white matter, and then fries them. YummY!

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
A Southern dish I refuse to try is scrambled eggs and pork brains..... err.. No thank you.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I can't ever bring myself to eat organs....I mean, the liver is where all sorts of nasty toxins reside. It's a filter. Ewwwwww! But, that's just my opinion! :)

Atheist_Dave

*Foxy Lady*
Liver, Heart, Kidney all nice. Liver must be rare though or it'll go all horrible n chewy. Few seconds on each side in olive oil and its done :p. Kidney in pies is nice, but also lambs kidney is good fried with onions :):)

Peace x