• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite coaches?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So, I assume the normal “chain in command” in sports is fairly universal????
(I’m going by the Oz template, since that’s where I’m from.)
A beyond fantastic player for whatever sport, plays for a number of years, does other jobs for a while after retiring (commentator for example) then after a while, coaches a team or several. Finds success and is then revered lol

Currently there are a couple I can think of. Mainly due to location and nostalgia.
Leigh Matthews for the Brisbane Lions (QLD) AFL team. For me he was not only regarded as a legend in the code overall, but he lead the team in question to ultimate victory 3 years in a row
(Think someone winning the Super Bowl three years running.)
Wayne Bennet is another: a coach from Rugby (AFL is not the same as rugby. You’ll get kicked in the head for suggesting such a thing here lol) is currently coaching a new national team. He was previously a successful Rugby coach for a team in the same state. The Brisbane Broncos
Marking him a heated rival for the new team, despite coming from the same state

But it’s all in good fun
(I hope I explained that adequately. Feel free to ask me questions guys.)

But who are some of your faves?
Doesn’t matter the sport
Whatever goes

(But if you don’t mind. Provide a bit of context for us international folks.)