• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

favourite hour of the day?

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
What is your favourite hour of the day?

My favourite hour of the day is the 23rd hour

The one that starts at 11pm

I like it because it is a good time to go to bed, the day feels over at 23:00

It is also the traditional time that the pubs close in the UK

It is late, but not absurdly late

And you have 60 minutes until a new day begins

I like it

Edit: 10pm is also good

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What hour of the day is that normally at?

It depends, a formal dinner starts about 12h30 and goes on until about 16h00

At home it usually begins about 18:00

Sometimes it can start as late as 19:30 to 20:00 if we are eating out.

The thing is, the real thing is that i like and enjoy my food,

MikeF

Premium Member
Dinner hour though it tends to last 2 or 3 hours here,

I don't get this. How the heck can dinner last that long? I'm speaking of regular mid-week dinner, not a dinner party. There is no way anyone can continuously eat that long. What else is going on?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no way anyone can continuously eat that long.
gif.gif

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't get this. How the heck can dinner last that long? I'm speaking of regular mid-week dinner, not a dinner party. There is no way anyone can continuously eat that long. What else is going on?
That is mid-week in France. I've been to France (students exchange) over Easter. The day started with breakfast at 8:30 and ended with soup at about 23:00 with a little walk (1 h) in the afternoon. The rest of the day was breakfast, second breakfast which morphed into a brunch, then lunch, the walk, coffee with cake, some pre-dinner snacks, dinner and again snacks and a late-night soup to close the day.

MikeF

Premium Member
That is mid-week in France. I've been to France (students exchange) over Easter. The day started with breakfast at 8:30 and ended with soup at about 23:00 with a little walk (1 h) in the afternoon. The rest of the day was breakfast, second breakfast which morphed into a brunch, then lunch, the walk, coffee with cake, some pre-dinner snacks, dinner and again snacks and a late-night soup to close the day.

Why are the French not as fat as Americans? Is it because they all still smoke tobacco? (I know, cliche stereotypes}

Heyo

Veteran Member
What is your favourite hour of the day?
The first (which can start as early as 04:00 and as late as 08:00). Morning coffee, first cigarette, slowly awakening. When there is still hope that I won't ruin that day.

My favourite hour of the day is the 23rd hour

The one that starts at 11pm
That's the 24th hour.