• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fetus Not Human

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Thre was an article in Friday's paper that talked about the Canadian Criminal Code's defination of a fetus . I quote this from the paper .

" Under the Criminal Code , a fetus becomes human when it has " completely proceeded , in a living state , from the body of its mother .
In 1991 , the Supreme Court of Canada issued the Sullivan and Lemay decision on charges agaisnt two B.C. midwives after a death during a birth , saying " a fetus is not a ' human being ' for the purposes of the Criminal Code ".
The top court " needed to draw a line that respected the reproductive autonomy of women ", said University of B.C. law professor Isabel Grant .
Once you say that a fetus is a person you get into all kinds of problems about reproductive autonomy and women making their own decisions during pregnancy "

There was a thread awhile back along these lines . Just thought I would let you know the view that the Canadian Court takes .

desi

kreeden said:
Thre was an article in Friday's paper that talked about the Canadian Criminal Code's defination of a fetus . I quote this from the paper .

" Under the Criminal Code , a fetus becomes human when it has " completely proceeded , in a living state , from the body of its mother .
In 1991 , the Supreme Court of Canada issued the Sullivan and Lemay decision on charges agaisnt two B.C. midwives after a death during a birth , saying " a fetus is not a ' human being ' for the purposes of the Criminal Code ".
The top court " needed to draw a line that respected the reproductive autonomy of women ", said University of B.C. law professor Isabel Grant .
Once you say that a fetus is a person you get into all kinds of problems about reproductive autonomy and women making their own decisions during pregnancy "

There was a thread awhile back along these lines . Just thought I would let you know the view that the Canadian Court takes .
So if a fetus is human, what does that mean?