• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First person to read this clock gets 1000 coins and frubals!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
In this room, there is a clock:

clock.jpg

The black section is the clock itself, white bulbs are unlit, and red bulbs are lit. What time is it?

EDIT: If you already know how, just answer so that someone else can get coins and frubals for explaining it. :D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ceridwen018 said:
Huh, that's really interesting! Could someone explain how the clock works?

clock.jpg
12:34:49

I know how it works, bu the explanation is not easy 9for me)

this is in the binary system O.k

in which 1 =on off
2=1,0= off on
3=1,1 on, on
4=3,0,0 on, off, off
4=same again
9=4 lots of twos therefore 1,0,0,0 with 1 remainder = on off off on

Get it ? - If you unerstood that you deserve fruballs. :D

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Eeep, Michel, that was confusing even for me, and I know how it works! :D ;)

Think of it this way, Ceridwen: The first two vertical rows are the hour (24 hour system), second two vertical rows are the minutes, third two rows are the seconds. The first horizontal row is the number 1. The second is the number 2, the third is 4 and the fourth is the number 4. You just add the sum of the lights that are lit for a vertical row to get the time, hence 12:34:49

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
It's interesting how different people have different areas where their intelligence is more apparent! I would have been staying up for hours, trying to puzzle out the clock, but give me a word puzzle, and I can usually solve it. I'm kind of envious of people who can solve puzzles like this!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I could send anyone who wants one a binary clock for your computer. When I was twelve, I stared at it for about five to ten minutes and learned how to read it. It tells the time accurately, based on what your computer's time is set as.

Think of zeros as off, and ones as on:

Jensa's Clock:

Hours:Minutes:Seconds (Each comprise two columns.)

--0----0-----1
--0--0-1--1-0
0-1--1-0--0-0
1-0--1-0--0-1

One Second Later: (Since it was nine in the seconds column before, we've moved to ten, and gained one in the tens column)

--0----0-----0
--0--0-1--1-0
0-1--1-0--0-0
1-0--1-0--1-0

Two Seconds Later:

--0----0-----0
--0--0-1--1-0
0-1--1-0--0-0
1-0--1-0--1-1

Three Seconds Later:

--0----0-----0
--0--0-1--1-0
0-1--1-0--0-1
1-0--1-0--1-0

Four Seconds Later:

--0----0-----0
--0--0-1--1-0
0-1--1-0--0-1
1-0--1-0--1-1

And so on. Any not get it?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I don't think it's so much actually solving it as knowing how to read binary clocks. :D ;) I actually have one in my room right now, blinking the time away... it's fun to have people see it and ask what on earth it is.

It's even more fun if you look at it, get a horrified look on your face, and scream "RUN!" :biglaugh:

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
It's even more fun if you look at it, get a horrified look on your face, and scream "RUN!" :biglaugh:
Another thing added to my list of things I have to do before I die.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ack! I just spit Dr. Pepper on the screen from laughing!

This reminds me of a quote from Terry Pratchett- "The calendar of the theocracy of Muntab counts down, not up. No one knows why, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to stay and find out."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
All this talk of binary reminds me of when I took Cisco at college. Hardest damned class I've ever taken.

Tez

I know! Its like £50 on Ebay, (i'm from the UK) Its the most I would have spent on a watch, but i like it alot, lol.

- Tez

SoyLeche

meh...
Best Nerd joke ever:

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.:biglaugh: