• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those of you who are the "praying" types, I have a serious prayer request.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yesterday on one of the oilfield locations for the company my husband works with, there was an explosion and fire. Three men were injured, two very seriously. All three were burned - one with second degree burns to his face and arms, one with his clothes literally melted to his back, and one was burned over 90 percent of his body.

The last two were Life Flighted to an area burn center, and their families were flown in to be with them. They are both married with children.

This was a very rare sort of accident. Of course there's a huge investigation underway to determine the cause. But everyone is very shaken up by this.

Just three weeks ago, my husband and I went to a concert with these men and their families. I keep thinking about the most seriously burned guy - I keep remembering how he grabbed his cute wife and started two stepping with her while George Strait was singing, and then he dipped her low and kissed her and they both started laughing. What a sweet couple - and now they are facing this tragedy.

Please pray for all of them.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Especially since I work in similar circumstances at times, they will definitely be in my prayers.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Update - one guy is out of the hospital, two are still hospitalized in serious condition. The guy most seriously burned is NOT burned over 90 percent of his body - it's more like 50 percent, which is still very serious, but it looks like he'll make it. Good news - the burns on all of their faces are only second degree burns. The most serious burns are to their backs. They will be in a burn unit for the next two weeks and then should be transferred to a hospital nearer to their homes for an extended recovery. All three are expected to fully recover though the two most seriously burned have a pretty long and painful recovery in store.

Thanks for the prayers.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
No probelm - i have known people who have suffered through such accidents. The incidents of these accidents is dropping, but they are still far too frequent.