• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forrest Church

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Forrest Church has been diagnosed with throat cancer. :( I don't know the details of his situation but the prognosis for throat cancer generally isn't good.

For those of you unfamiliar with him, he's the senior minister of All Souls Church in New York City. He's the author of many books including "God and Other Famous Liberals." He's one of our brightest living stars.

Please hold him in your hearts. :flower2:

His website:
http://forrestchurch.com/

One of my favorite sermons by Church:
"Liberal Like Jesus"

uu_sage

Haven't heard anything until now. Hope he feels better soon. He'll be in my prayers, and healing thoughts. It is a pleasure to read his sermons, his words have influenced my journey, and faith development.

uumckk16

Oh no :(

Thanks for sharing lilithu...That's tragic :(

One of the first things I did when I found out about UU was to read A Chosen Faith (by Forrest Church and John Buehrens <-- I apologize for the butchered spelling). It inspired me and helped me make the choice to make UU my religious home :)

He will absolutely be in my thoughts and prayers.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Dr. Rev. Forrest Church preached at our church today. His esophageal cancer is in remission. Against all odds it had not metastasized and doctors were able to remove the tumor surgically. He looked great and he preached a great sermon! :jam:

uumckk16

Dr. Rev. Forrest Church preached at our church today. His esophageal cancer is in remission. Against all odds it had not metastasized and doctors were able to remove the tumor surgically. He looked great and he preached a great sermon! :jam:

Oh, I'm so glad! Thanks for letting us know! :)