• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From Religion News Blog 'Evangelical Christians Outspoken Critics of Bush's Behavior'

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Granted, I saw this mentioned on the News Bot posting of "Bush's Misuse of Religion is Inexcusable" , but the article contained in it a mention of the backlash of evangelical Christians to Bush. The article, at least in the periphery, mentions that

The publishers of Apologetics Index & Religion News Blog - themselves evangelical Christians - are outspoken critics of George W. Bush's behavior, which includes

• illegal warfare,
• violation of international laws, and
• consistent support for human rights violations (ranging from the death penalty to the illegal detentions at Guantanamo Bay, as well as his persistent lying about - and fight against - the International Criminal Court).

They call upon America's Christians not to buy into or tolerate Mr. Bush's contentions that his actions are condoned by the God he claims to serve.

Since this is the debate section, I thought it would be interesting to ask the opinions of the evangelical Christians we have here on the forums on the topic. (Well, the opinions of everyone, naturally, because we are a chatty group! :D ) Some of the other, more heated, debates have been about abortion. If one is pro-life, does that mean that they are, by the same argument, against the death penalty? (This is one I'm interested in learning about, since I've heard discussions both ways.) Also, is this particular organization being just in their interpretation of events, or are they doing their country a disservice?