• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frubals

Lightkeeper

How do you all feel about the frubals? Do you like them? Do you struggle with the concept? Sometimes I think it is like gathering treasure here on earth and that they shouldn't mean anything to me. Many times I have felt I should place no importance on them and wish they weren't there. What do you think?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I think we should have the option of turning them off if we don't want to participate with it any longer.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I'm not sure I even understand 'em. I had to ask Rex what they were or if they were related to coins (which I also don't understand). I find it all confusing, but I try to give frubals to posts that I think are well written (whether I agree with the poster or not).

TVOR

Rex

Founder
Frubals is a reputation system otherwise known as "Karma" . You give users Frubals when they make a good post or a post that you like. It doesn't take away from your Frubals by giving others Frubals.

It's a way to say thank you to others.

Now on the otherside of the coin if you are a MOD/ADMIN/Supporter you can leave negative Frubal feedback on posts you think are just not helping our cause at all in the support of Religious Education.

It's pretty simple.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Why is it even a big deal..? Do you not want people to say you're a good debater? o_O

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
TVOR, re: coins...

They're not related to frubals. You get coins for reading threads, starting threads, and posting in threads. But, you don't get the coins for reading a thread if you hit the 'back' button on your browser when you're done! The coins can be used in the store, for jazzing up your username and other such stuff. Or, you can put them in the bank (also in the store), to gain interest on your coins. Unless you're a Supporter, cause then you can't get into the store (at least for now). :p Have I confused you enough?

dolly

Bastet said:
TVOR, re: coins...

But, you don't get the coins for reading a thread if you hit the 'back' button on your browser when you're done!

Really?! Oh no. I always do that.

*Must break the habit. Must break the habit*

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
dolly said:
Really?! Oh no. I always do that.

*Must break the habit. Must break the habit*
So did I...for the first couple of days we had the coin system, I couldn't work out why I wasn't accumulating any lol. Was the only explanation I could come up with, since once I stopped doing it, the coins started rolling in. ;)

linwood

The frubals are interesting because of the comment function

I realise people could just comment on your post in the forum but sometimes others may not want to get involved with a certain debate for whatever reason yet still want to show appreciation for something said.

I just had the whole frubal/comment/function thing explained to me yesterday.

:)

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
linwood said:
I just had the whole frubal/comment/function thing explained to me yesterday.:)
I agree with you linwood - and I think that the more people understand the frubals, the more they are gonna catch on. Good idea, waiting to catch fire. Once I had 'em explained to me, I been handing em out like candy. I actually look for good posts, or good points to award frubals for. I look especially hard to award frubals to people that are on the opposite side of the argument from me. It's pretty easy to award them to people that hold your values and morals, but it's a trick to find things to like in the posts of others.

TVOR