• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fundament Physics rule violated as same-charge particles attract

wellwisher

Fundamental physics rule violated as same-charge particles attract

Here is an interesting article. A team of students and Professors at University of Oxford, created some simple experiments that can demonstrate how same charges attracted, thereby violating one of the basic principles of Physics; like charges are supposed to repel.

Interestingly, the negative charged silica particles attracted in water based experiments, while positive charged one could be made to attract in alcohol. When I saw water and alcohol, I figured out how the effect worked since water can make use of this over distances in life. I will explain later.

wellwisher

This apparent contradiction of the fundamental rule of Physics, which states that the same charges will repel, but in this case does not, can be explained with hydrogen bonding, and the unique property of hydrogen bonding; shows both polar and covalent character. Both water and alcohol form hydrogen bonds. This was the tell. This may not change physics, but it can still be included as another water anomaly; #71.

Polar bonds, in general, are about opposite charges attracting, with the potential lowering as opposite charges get closer. Covalent bonding is more about the magnetic addition of electrons in atomic orbitals. The magnetic addition is needed to get the opposite spin electron; same charge, to occupy the same orbital space; overcome their mutual repulsion. It appears this is a magnetic effect.

In the covalent case, the magnetic force gain, is strong enough to force the two negatively charged electrons to come together in the bonding orbital. The EM or electromagnetic force is one unified force. This partnership allows the magnetic force to get the best of the electrostatic repulsive force, so the two electrons can get closer for better magnetic addition; still adds to an a net EM force. A charge in motion, will create a magnetic force field, while two similar charges with opposite spin, in motion, if placed in a specific geometry can make the total magnetic force stronger; We go from the EM force to the eM force. M is the big dog.

The experiments use silica, which is very similar to carbon compounds; both can form polymers. In water, silicon will also create surface tension effects, similar to water and oil, so water and oil (silica) will need to segregate.

The oxygen of water is very electronegative; very strong affinity for electrons, and therefore oxygen has most of water's electron density. The result is the surface hydrogen more positive; slightly positive water surface attracts to other water to form hydrogen bonds. The oil; silica, is more reduced with more surface extra electron density, making it slightly negative. In spite of two cases of starting with like surface charges, water will self bind and the oil will self bind; eM force.

This is not a rule violation of like charges not attracting, but more about hydrogen bonding able to split the EM force into two, shifting the EM more to the magnetic side of the two possible EM extreme states. Charge potential becomes the little puppy.

The experiments also showed how the "attraction or convergence of similar charge" can turn up at a distance. This is common to water and life, allowing the DNA to know in advance when new and/or more things enter the cell; convergence on the DNA. Water has back door ways via the continuous matrix of water.

The other experiment showed positive charges attracted in alcohol. The alcohol has a hydrogen bonding oxygen and hydrogen; CH3-CH2-OH. But it also has five reduced hydrogen on the two carbon. In this case the five (5) reduced hydrogen and their slight negative charges dominate the solvent. The positive charge of the silica is affected in the opposite way, as they phase separate. Little puppies on leash.

When we drink alcohol, we can get subtle changes in the body's water, allowing various organics to phase out differently, altering pure water biology, with some extra positive charge convergence effects. Water and hydrogen bonding add new details, now lumped into statistical averages.

I remember years ago doing research growing gem quality crystals. One process I discovered from an obscure Russia Science Journal from the 1950's used the concept of growth habit, where you could make crystals form with specific shapes based on the molten solvent making these crystal shapes, the shapes of least resistance. That idea came to me when I first read this article. Water and hydrogen bonding came second and was much easier to explain; room temperature and do at home experiments.