• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling

SoulTYPE

Ok men (and women) I will admit something. I gamble at the poker machines way too much. I am hooked on those rotten f***in machines. I would like to quit. but I get bored, and it's probably my only social outing anymore.

I probably spend like $40 a week on them, but it may get worse. Does anyone have advice?

And..was gambling a sin?

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
last time I gambled, I lost $300 dollars...that's when I quit. I left there with 50 cents in my hands. I didn't even attempt to take out my credit card. I wanted to make sure I had something to pay for gas.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Well I would advise that you don't let it get worse, maybe try other social interactions, clubs, bars, pool halls, parties ect. ect.

And..was gambling a sin?
I do not believe gambling is a sin unless you overdo it.

Lightkeeper

Gambling can become a dangerous drug. Since you realize you may have a problem, then it might be a good idea to stop while you can. If you can't stop now, then it would be a good idea to get in to Gamblers Anonymous. Try to find other social outlets.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
SoulTYPE just take yourself out of that environment so you are not tempted.

And i agree, i don't think that gambling is a sin so long as you don't become consumed by it.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I have no advice on whether gambling is a sin or not. But if you want to overcome this addiction, I would suggest seeking out counseling and a support group.