• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Starts Tonight

lunamoth

Will to love
George RR Martin fans, Game of Thrones (the first book of the Song of Ice and Fire series) starts tonight on HBO. In MST it starts at 7 pm, with a preview starting at 6:45 - in 3 minutes.

luna

Arlais

I've been watching this and have to say that I really enjoy it. I have not read the book series, but this has inspired me to.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
My Brother and I were discussing the potential impact of the show just the other night, in particular the rather brilliant portrayal by Peter Dinklage of the fantastically written Tyrion Lannister... my brother raised the possibility that perhaps such a beautiful combination might to some extent alter the portrayal of dwarfs in the entertainment industry - where they are usually the targets of 'humor' - I can only hope he is correct.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Name-dropping here: My uncle went to school with GRRM and was good friends with him. :beach:

Love the series. We don't have HBO so we have to wait until it's available in other mediums. Looking forward to watching the entirety of season 3 (though I would like to slap yahoo news for spoiling episode 9 for me).

Alceste

Vagabond
Name-dropping here: My uncle went to school with GRRM and was good friends with him. :beach:

Love the series. We don't have HBO so we have to wait until it's available in other mediums. Looking forward to watching the entirety of season 3 (though I would like to slap yahoo news for spoiling episode 9 for me).

It is available in "other mediums". That's how we get it. ;)

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I've read all the books, but I need to watch Season 2 before I watch any more. I was pleasantly surprised with Season 1 and it's faithfulness to the storyline and flavor of the books.

Sea Monkey

Pickle Juicer!

I would hope your uncle had a lot of interesting discussion's with him.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You should try a bit of Wild Cards sometime, although it is nothing like Game of Thrones. It does however deal with very interesting themes, often in a very entertaining way.

Oh, and by all means read "The Hedge Knight" and the later prequels of Game of Thrones.

Sea Monkey

Pickle Juicer!
You should try a bit of Wild Cards sometime, although it is nothing like Game of Thrones. It does however deal with very interesting themes, often in a very entertaining way.

Oh, and by all means read "The Hedge Knight" and the later prequels of Game of Thrones.

If that was directed at me I most certainly will. Thank's Luis.