• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gentoo - Mod

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Name: Meg

Birthday: November 6, 1984

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

I'm currently engaged to the wonderful Guitar's Cry, we have no idea when we're tying the knot, we just know that we are :)

I'm a huge Star Wars and Lord of the Rings fan, in fact my favorite book is the Silmarillion (I very highly recommend it if you haven't read it!)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Congrats! You'll be a great Mod!

I'm currently engaged to the wonderful Guitar's Cry, we have no idea when we're tying the knot, we just know that we are :)

Yeah, I was never that great at tying things. I still wear velcro shoes! :D (Just kidding, of course :))

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I didn't know you two were engaged! Congratulations! That's wonderful. And, you'll make a great moderator. :)

Do you already have your degree in wildlife biology (Ornithology?) ? If so, what do you plan to do occupational wise with it later?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I didn't know you two were engaged! Congratulations! That's wonderful. And, you'll make a great moderator. :)

We've been engaged for almost 1.5 years now :)

And thanks!

Do you already have your degree in wildlife biology (Ornithology?) ? If so, what do you plan to do occupational wise with it later?

I do have my degree in Wildlife, I really want to pursue a Masters in Ornithology, but I've had little luck finding a program. What I want to do is either field research and/or teach via tours on nature trails. It's hard to break into this though, everyone wants the best, and right now that includes a Masters, so at the moment I'm stuck.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I do have my degree in Wildlife, I really want to pursue a Masters in Ornithology, but I've had little luck finding a program. What I want to do is either field research and/or teach via tours on nature trails. It's hard to break into this though, everyone wants the best, and right now that includes a Masters, so at the moment I'm stuck.
Yes, it seems that a Masters is required in more and more fields.

Just checked and you could get a masters in Poultry Science at Oregon State University. Is that close enough? :p So, no schools on the east coast have this major? What's the closest uni?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
So, no schools on the east coast have this major? What's the closest uni?

The best I can do at most schools I've looked at is a general Biology Masters with a focus on birds. This is what I may end up doing in the end.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Congrats! :) How's the weather in Maine? I went there a few years ago and found it beautiful.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
you're read the Silmarillion? :gasp:

perhaps you could enlighten me, i know Gandalf stole the Elven ring of fire to stop Galadriel from having two rings under her control... what was the thread she posed by holding two?

Booko

Deviled Hen
I'm a huge Star Wars and Lord of the Rings fan, in fact my favorite book is the Silmarillion (I very highly recommend it if you haven't read it!)

Oooh! LOTR!

Have you read the new Children of Hurin yet?

I haven't been able to because my husband grabbed it first.

Thieving hobbit! :149:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Congrats! :) How's the weather in Maine? I went there a few years ago and found it beautiful.

It's humid! Though it's getting cooler already, but it is gorgeous up here. I think everyone should see Maine at some point in their lives.

you're read the Silmarillion? :gasp:

perhaps you could enlighten me, i know Gandalf stole the Elven ring of fire to stop Galadriel from having two rings under her control... what was the thread she posed by holding two?

I don't recall this actually, where was it in the book?

Oooh! LOTR!

Have you read the new Children of Hurin yet?

I haven't been able to because my husband grabbed it first.

Thieving hobbit! :149:

I have read it! You won't be disappointed ;)