• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God’s philosophy.

Heneni

Miss Independent
The Serpant told Eve to eat the Apple in which was againts gods words.

But in the hebrew, Serpant = NHSH, Nhsh= nahash that means "To Find Out" or "Wisdom"
Nahash means to Recieve knowledge.

on my Point of View the Apple Does not Exist. its just a metaphor for knowledge that eve recieved from nahash

Yes your point is right..there was no apple...so what do you think was the 'fruit'? Satan right?

Heneni

Miss Independent
If the tree of knowledge is the only sourse for our moral sense, and the only way to know His thinking, why would He be angry?

Read Genesis where the seperation occurs.

Most read it as if God were speaking in a harsh voice and yes it has a sound like a chastizement.
Read it again in a Jesus like voice and you will get a whole different image. One of God just giving the facts of the reality that Eve had earned with her sacrifice.

If you couple this with the fact that if God were disapointed with them, it would have been kinder to kill them off inthe beginning instead of waiting to kill all thei ofspring in a genocidal flood that killed millions including innocent children and babies.

You might also wonder why God allowed the snake, a powerfull supernatural entity to have access to Eve. No mortal can stand up to a supernatural force.

Regards
DL

So do you believe that adam and eve were not created perfect? Or they were, and part of that perfect was having the ability to choose between obeying god or not. On the other hand...if we dont obey god...do we remain perfect...or do we become perfect by obeying the lord?

heneni

herushura

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Snakes move along the Ground, and god said man rule over them so a Talking snake cannot tell adam/eve what do to.

Heneni

Miss Independent

God says that whoever lacks wisdom can come to him and he will give it to them.

So why did they have to use satan to get wisdom?

What type of wisdom did adam and eve lack?

PS: I think we are hijacking the tread....

herushura

God says that whoever lacks wisdom can come to him and he will give it to them.

So why did they have to use satan to get wisdom?

What type of wisdom did adam and eve lack?

PS: I think we are hijacking the tread....

Satan was never in Edan, only Eve's concious

Greatest I am

Good point. They had access to the tree of life in order to continue living. But why would god cut them of from the tree the moment they ate of the other tree?

Because they didnt obey god...and that means seperation from god.

What do you think?

I think it is impossible for God to lose any souls.

If the tree of knowledge is the sourse of raprochement to God, why would He not want us to know Him better?

Then again, if you believe in the flood, God may have wanted to keep secrets.
Perhaps then He would not have earned the title of genocidal maniac.

We are of the animal kingdom.

What makes you think that we of all animals can live forever. Who in a phisical body would want to?

Regards
DL

Heneni

Miss Independent
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Snakes move along the Ground, and god said man rule over them so a Talking snake cannot tell adam/eve what do to.

But satan wasnt a snake when he talked to adam and eve. Maybe he had a nice pair of snakeskin trousers on...:beach:

Greatest I am

The Serpant told Eve to eat the Apple in which was againts gods words.

But in the hebrew, Serpant = NHSH, Nhsh= nahash that means "To Find Out" or "Wisdom"
Nahash means to Recieve knowledge.

on my Point of View the Apple Does not Exist. its just a metaphor for knowledge that eve recieved from nahash

Yes, Wisdom that points to God.

Thank God she ate.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

So do you believe that adam and eve were not created perfect? Or they were, and part of that perfect was having the ability to choose between obeying god or not. On the other hand...if we dont obey god...do we remain perfect...or do we become perfect by obeying the lord?

heneni

Scripture says that all of God's works are perfect.

Is it perfect for us to try to know more about God? Yes. We are a curious animal and God wants us close.

To not have moral sense would make us more like the lesser animals. Knowledge is the thing that sets us above baser animals. I would not give it up. Would you?

Regards
DL

Heneni

Miss Independent
I think it is impossible for God to lose any souls.

If the tree of knowledge is the sourse of raprochement to God, why would He not want us to know Him better?

Then again, if you believe in the flood, God may have wanted to keep secrets.
Perhaps then He would not have earned the title of genocidal maniac.

We are of the animal kingdom.

What makes you think that we of all animals can live forever. Who in a phisical body would want to?

Regards
DL

God walked and talked with adam and eve in the garden everyday. Im sure that was quite enough to get to know god. But the temptation to think that god was in some way witholding something from them, overcame eve.

Greatest I am

Satan was never in Edan, only Eve's concious

That sounds sexist.

All souls, including Adam must be forged in God's wisdom.
To say that Adam did not get the same wisdom as Eve would make Eve better than Adam.

Bite your tounge and say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

God walked and talked with adam and eve in the garden everyday. Im sure that was quite enough to get to know god. But the temptation to think that god was in some way witholding something from them, overcame eve.

They could not have known the good and evil thoughts of God. That is a lot of information. In fact I wonder if you can think of anything thaat cannot be measured as good and evil? I can't.

I walk my dog all the time. He is still ignorant of good and evil.

Regards
DL

herushura

That sounds sexist.

All souls, including Adam must be forged in God's wisdom.
To say that Adam did not get the same wisdom as Eve would make Eve better than Adam.

Bite your tounge and say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

Eve in hebrew is Chawah that means "Source of Life"
Adam in hebrw means "Earth,Ground,Soil"

Heneni

Miss Independent
Scripture says that all of God's works are perfect.

Is it perfect for us to try to know more about God? Yes. We are a curious animal and God wants us close.

To not have moral sense would make us more like the lesser animals. Knowledge is the thing that sets us above baser animals. I would not give it up. Would you?

Regards
DL

But as i said...god walked and talked with adam and eve everyday. Knowing good and evil, does not follow that it would mean knowing god...it would mean...knowing good and evil. Before all they knew was, what was...they didnt classify it is good, they didnt have to. It just was.

And they knew god for what he was...they didnt compare him to anything because there was nothing to compare him with. He was perfect, until satan convinced eve he wasnt...and that he was somehow keeping something from her.

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
Eve in hebrew is Chawah that means "Source of Life"
Adam in hebrw means "Earth,Ground,Soil"

Maybe eve was the tree of life...no..just kidding.

No actually im not kidding...I dont think that eve was cast out of the garden...which is by the way...where the tree of life remained. And she...who is the source of life.

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
They could not have known the good and evil thoughts of God. That is a lot of information. In fact I wonder if you can think of anything thaat cannot be measured as good and evil? I can't.

I walk my dog all the time. He is still ignorant of good and evil.

Regards
DL

God has evil thoughts? Care to give an example?

Greatest I am

But as i said...god walked and talked with adam and eve everyday. Knowing good and evil, does not follow that it would mean knowing god...it would mean...knowing good and evil. Before all they knew was, what was...they didnt classify it is good, they didnt have to. It just was.

And they knew god for what he was...they didnt compare him to anything because there was nothing to compare him with. He was perfect, until satan convinced eve he wasnt...and that he was somehow keeping something from her.

Heneni

To be as Gods knowing good and evil.
Genesis.

Would you give up your moral sense?

Regards
DL