• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Aliens

How are they related?

• God has jurisdiction over the Earth only.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Draka

Wonder Woman
You forgot an option...God IS an alien:D ;)

But really, if there is a creator of everything It would have influence everywhere.

Note, I said "influence" because I don't believe that we are "ruled". Therefore I did not vote.

Kowalski

Meesheltx said:
Just curious to see how people felt about this issue!
I don't understand you ?, there are no aliens and there is no god, so I feel nothing about either.

Cheers

K

Fascist Christ

Kowalski said:
I don't understand you ?, there are no aliens and there is no god, so I feel nothing about either.
I am disappointed, Kowalski. I thought for sure you would recognize that our planet is but one and the Universe has countless planets. Is the Earth so special that you could be that certain that there is no life on any other planet anywhere in the Universe?

But for those who believe in the Creator hypothesis, Thomas Paine touched on this very issue over 200 years ago in the Age of Reason.

"Since, then, no part of our earth is left unoccupied, why is it to be supposed that the immensity of space is a naked void, lying in eternal waste? There is room for millions of worlds as large or larger than ours, and each of them millions of miles apart from each other."

After this he goes on to explain in detail different characteristics of the known solar system (six planets at the time) and the emensity of the Universe. But then we find this lovely gem:

"From whence, then, could arise the solitary and strange conceit that the Almighty, who had millions of worlds equally dependent on his protection, should quit the care of all the rest, and come to die in our world, because, they say, one man and one woman had eaten an apple? And, on the other hand, are we to suppose that every world in the boundless creation had an Eve, an apple, a serpent, and a redeemer? In this case, the person who is irreverently called the Son of God, and sometimes God himself, would have nothing else to do than to travel from world to world, in an endless succession of deaths, with scarcely a momentary interval of life."

Fascist Christ

Draka said:
But really, if there is a creator of everything It would have influence everywhere.

Note, I said "influence" because I don't believe that we are "ruled". Therefore I did not vote.
Same here. People often forget that "Creator" does not imply "monarchy."

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Radar said:
I'm agnostic so that is my answer. Don't know Don't care
I believe that God is the force that gives all things life. He has dominion over all things but chooses not to exercise this dominion to allow us all the use of our free will to come around to his way of thinking.

So unless the aliens are some kinda special Slave race God created specially for himself to fulfill objectives on the physical plane (don't know why he'd bother, but hey you never know), I can't see why he would want dominion over them either.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
What if Aliens are really just spirits like us, but on different planets ? Earth might be just one small 'town' in the country.:)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Has anyone seen the movie Mission to Mars? That is a great movie. Perhaps it is possible that what we percieve to be a supernatual deity is actually a superior race of beings/aliens that seeded our planet. There ARE many, many similarities between us and Mars for example. Not saying that we were put here by Martians or whatnot...but perhaps it is possible that life was tried there first and it was found to be unsuitable and then Earth was tried.

There are many hypothesis that cover these ideas. It is something to think on.

By the way, I encourage anyone who hasn't seen the movie to run out and rent it. It is WELL WORTH it.;)

Kowalski

Fascist Christ said:
I am disappointed, Kowalski. I thought for sure you would recognize that our planet is but one and the Universe has countless planets. Is the Earth so special that you could be that certain that there is no life on any other planet anywhere in the Universe?

But for those who believe in the Creator hypothesis, Thomas Paine touched on this very issue over 200 years ago in the Age of Reason.

"Since, then, no part of our earth is left unoccupied, why is it to be supposed that the immensity of space is a naked void, lying in eternal waste? There is room for millions of worlds as large or larger than ours, and each of them millions of miles apart from each other."

After this he goes on to explain in detail different characteristics of the known solar system (six planets at the time) and the emensity of the Universe. But then we find this lovely gem:

"From whence, then, could arise the solitary and strange conceit that the Almighty, who had millions of worlds equally dependent on his protection, should quit the care of all the rest, and come to die in our world, because, they say, one man and one woman had eaten an apple? And, on the other hand, are we to suppose that every world in the boundless creation had an Eve, an apple, a serpent, and a redeemer? In this case, the person who is irreverently called the Son of God, and sometimes God himself, would have nothing else to do than to travel from world to world, in an endless succession of deaths, with scarcely a momentary interval of life."
Don't be disappointed, life is a total disappointment. The Prognosis is that there are somewhere in the region of ten billion galaxies, each with hundred billion stars the size of our sun. What's out there, I haven't a clue, but given the vastness of space, we'll probably never know. Why this crummy planet is thought to be favoured by a non-existant god is beyond my comprehension.

God is an excuse for all the lunacy of human behaviour, all you can rely on in a universal sense are the physical laws. If God is anything, God is time and space and nothing else.

Cheers

K