• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and the physical form?

Kalidas

Okay so a lot of Hindus believe God and man it everything got that matter are one in the samr right? Okay if so here is my question. We are all obviously PHYSICALLY seperated why did god create physicallity and why the seperation?

rsd

ACBSP77
Okay so a lot of Hindus believe God and man it everything got that matter are one in the samr right? Okay if so here is my question. We are all obviously PHYSICALLY seperated why did god create physicallity and why the seperation?

You English (or spelling) leaves me wondering exactly what you are saying. No big deal. Thank you for your question. Our bodies are obviously physical, but we are not our bodies. We are spirit. Out of God's mercy He creates the physical to allow us to play out our free will, devoid of Him. Why the separation? Because we love ourselves more than we love God.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

Actually, through Realisation we come to see that there is actually no separation from God. And furthermore, no separation between you and me and every thing.

Secondly, God did not create physicality for any reason- the material universe is a part of God.

Kalidas

Yeah sorry for the misspellings. Laptop cord broke and its my only computer. So using my phone, doesnt work always to well.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

When the Advaitins speak of sameness, its at a deeper level. You are absolutely correct that out here in the world of form there are differences. Think of a shadow. It has a shape, seems to move, cats will chase it, etc. But in reality its just a relationship between a source of light, and mass. Advaita is one step deeper than that even.

The material universe, this cosmic manifestation, and everything in it, is part and parcel of the body of God. Thus, we are not actually separated from Krishna. It is our false ego that desires to be separate from Vishnu and to be our own 'gods.'

The idea is that while the material manifestations are indeed temporary, they are not false or illusory. Rather, it is our attachment to that which is temporal which brings us to illusion, maya.

Achintya Bheda Abheda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This simultaneous oneness and difference is called Achintya-Bheda-Abheda Tattva, or the philosophy of inconceivable oneness and difference. This is very similar to Sri Ramanujacharya's Vishishtadvaita Vedanta philosophy.