• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOD REVEALED HERE! (well not really)

Okay so maybe not but I think this guy nails it. I found this link randomly in the comments section of another YouTube video.

I am not entirely sure I understand his take on the problem of evil but I really like what he says about evidence for God, everything he says about consciousness and science seems right on and that God is imperfectly revealed in the world seems to ring the truest to me.

I would love it if someone could tease out his take on the problem of evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZCwUlFSiA

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Okay so maybe not but I think this guy nails it. I found this link randomly in the comments section of another YouTube video.

I am not entirely sure I understand his take on the problem of evil but I really like what he says about evidence for God, everything he says about consciousness and science seems right on and that God is imperfectly revealed in the world seems to ring the truest to me.

I would love it if someone could tease out his take on the problem of evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZCwUlFSiA

I only watched the first five minutes because he was using the same old arguments that we have already debated here, and found to not be valid.

For instance - He says proof of Divinity is saintly people. As if all altruistic people have a belief in God.

We know that is not the case.

CynthiaCypher

I only watched the first five minutes because he was using the same old arguments that we have already debated here, and found to not be valid.

For instance - He says proof of Divinity is saintly people. As if all altruistic people have a belief in God.

We know that is not the case.

He is talking about saints and not all saints are preeminently altruistic. The saint is preeminently godly, she or he is an analog of godliness.

technomage

Finding my own way
He does ask a very relevant question...is it irrational to believe in God?
:shrug: The decision as to what is rational or irrational is a subjective decision.

(I will note that, even as an agnostic, I do not consider it irrational. I do consider it unsupported--and gladly include my own worship in that category.)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Pretty much depends on the particular god, doesn't it?

Not to me. :) They can believe in any God, Satan, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc. that they want.

I personally might find it somewhat irrational, but they are rationalizing within themselves, and they have a right to do so.

It only becomes a problem when they try to force it on others, or tell everyone they are going to Hell, etc.

If they post such verses - they will have to defend them.

CynthiaCypher

:shrug: The decision as to what is rational or irrational is a subjective decision.

(I will note that, even as an agnostic, I do not consider it irrational. I do consider it unsupported--and gladly include my own worship in that category.)

And that decision always depends on subjective experience. You have your experiences and I have mine, You have your nature and I have my nature, you have your story and I have mine.

I know my views do not, can not and will not fit into the reality tunnels of all people.

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
He does ask a very relevant question...is it irrational to believe in God?

Yes, considering how we interrupt the world. Including the point of differencing experiences. While we are the sum of our experiences this does not negate that we all perceive it through the same sensory inputs. Just because the consciousness can create something does not mean it actually exists any place but there.

When in fact some "ideas" are used as a barrier to counter fear of the unknown and the certainty of death. That one is unable to resolve such fears using known and possibly debatably means is in quite fact rather lazy. Especially with the excuse well it's what I believe because I just do. I believe cows are actually pigs because I just do.

Last edited: