• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good day everyone

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
A great big HELLO to everyone here. I am excited to be on this forum, and I hope to learn alot about myself here. I hope to develop my beliefs by debating/discussing everything with you people.

About myself.

I live in Dunedin, New Zealand, and am currently doing a physiology degree at Otago University. I come from a farming background. Both my parents come from The Netherlands.

My beliefs have changed a fair amount over the 20 years I have been on this earth. I was brought up semi-Christian. I went to 3 different Catholic schools, and 3 normal ones. In my final two school years, I have deviated away from Christianity and am now a "freelance". (No idea how else to describe it) I have read a fair amount of books regarding different beliefs, and have come up with my own belief system that works for me, and I am comfortable with it.

But, that doesn't mean I am not going to develop them :D. That is the main reason I am here, is to develop my beliefs.

RevOxley_501

welcome, i hope you find RF a nice comfy (yet personally challenging and intuitive) home.

everybody here is pretty cool btw.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
RevOxley_501 said:
welcome, i hope you find RF a nice comfy (yet personally challenging and intuitive) home.

I'm sure I will. Thankies.

everybody here is pretty cool btw.

Really? Or you just speaking for yourself :p

Yeah, I've had a browse through a few threads, and people do seem reasonably cool :D

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Welcome darling! I think I know where you're coming from. You like to take pearls of wisdom from many different religions so you can't categorize yourself as belonging to one particular faith. I think it's wonderful when people can see God in different religions. We all pray to the same God anyway. So, welcome again. You will love it here!

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Hema said:
Welcome darling! I think I know where you're coming from. You like to take pearls of wisdom from many different religions so you can't categorize yourself as belonging to one particular faith. I think it's wonderful when people can see God in different religions. We all pray to the same God anyway. So, welcome again. You will love it here!

Exactly it! :D

I don't like labels. If you place a label on something, you exclude it from the possibility of being something else also

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
methylatedghosts said:
A great big HELLO to everyone here. I am excited to be on this forum, and I hope to learn alot about myself here. I hope to develop my beliefs by debating/discussing everything with you people.

About myself.

I live in Dunedin, New Zealand, and am currently doing a physiology degree at Otago University. I come from a farming background. Both my parents come from The Netherlands.

My beliefs have changed a fair amount over the 20 years I have been on this earth. I was brought up semi-Christian. I went to 3 different Catholic schools, and 3 normal ones. In my final two school years, I have deviated away from Christianity and am now a "freelance". (No idea how else to describe it) I have read a fair amount of books regarding different beliefs, and have come up with my own belief system that works for me, and I am comfortable with it.

But, that doesn't mean I am not going to develop them :D. That is the main reason I am here, is to develop my beliefs.

Hi!

Welcome to Religious Forums,

In some ways you sound much like me (the upbringing was different, but the rest sounds much the same); I hope you like it here, and I look forward to reading your posts.:)