• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good job duopoly. You finally did it to America.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's the consequences of Reaganomics and the policies of Reagan's successors.
Meaning Democrats are not remotely capable of admitting they as well contributed to the downfall of our economy.

Thanks for the verification.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Meaning Democrats are not remotely capable of admitting they as well contributed to the downfall of our economy.

Thanks for the verification.

The Democrats who came after Reagan and basically went along with his policies most definitely contributed to the downfall of our economy.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It says it right there on our money: "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private." That is what it is based on since it was taken off of the gold standard. It's now based on debt instead of wealth.
I go into a business establishment.... big sign...

We don't accept 50 dollar bills.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Reagan invented deficit spending?
It had never been used before?
Learn sumthin new every day.

The irony about Reagan is that he spoke out against deficit spending when he was running as a candidate. Then, after he got into office, the deficit increased exponentially. I never said he invented deficit spending, but he and his ilk never really cared about it as much as they probably should have.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The irony about Reagan is that he spoke out against deficit spending when he was running as a candidate. Then, after he got into office, the deficit increased exponentially. I never said he invented deficit spending, but he and his ilk never really cared about it as much as they probably should have.
To blame only Reagan for spending like
a drunken sailor smacks of excessive
partisanship.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
partisanship.

I didn't say it was "only Reagan," I said it was "Reaganomics and the policies of Reagan's successors." Some of his successors and followers were Democrats, which is something I openly acknowledge and have often railed against - to the irritation of many Democrats. I'm not partisan for one party over the other. I'm against them all.

F1fan

Veteran Member
partisanship.
The blame is the ongoing belief in trickle down economics, that cutting taxes on the wealthy will improve the economy and increase revenue. Despite the claims of democrats over-spending republicans are more notorious for their spending. Right now the economy is doing very well and that is due to policies Biden has pushed forward, mainly infrastructure investment. I'd like to see a reversal on tax cuts for the rich and instead cut taxes for the middle and lower classes.

PureX

Veteran Member
The blame is the ongoing belief in trickle down economics, that cutting taxes on the wealthy will improve the economy and increase revenue. Despite the claims of democrats over-spending republicans are more notorious for their spending. Right now the economy is doing very well and that is due to policies Biden has pushed forward, mainly infrastructure investment. I'd like to see a reversal on tax cuts for the rich and instead cut taxes for the middle and lower classes.
The U.S. 'economy' is doing fine, the people are not.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The U.S. 'economy' is doing fine, the people are not.
Inflation is hurting the middle class and poor the hardest. As we know a lot of inflation is corporations adjusting prices to gain more profit. They are taking advantage of strong consumer buying, but that might backfire in the long term.

Cities are looking to raise more revenue to maintain and build infrastructure so are raising property taxes. And as home values go up so do insurance rates. Nickle and dime the middle class and it becomes a serious problem. Life is more and more expensive and without more income to cover costs what can they do?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yes. It's doing ecstatically fine for the elite upper classes.
That's another reason I'm convinced economics is no better than astrology. The numbers where they matter for the overall economy are great. The numbers for average Americans are less than favorable to put it politely.
Amd then they cast their chicken bones or something to read them and give "sound economic and investment advice" that is all over the place.
It's a club so exclusive all the legit rich people I've known don't even belong, amd they're millionaires. And what I've seen, even for them things like healthcare can be issue (my siblings aunt had to sell of stocks to fund her cancer and hospice care, and her house is huge and entirely handicap accessible).

We Never Know

No Slack
When Reagan left office the debt was roughly $2.5 trillion.

Today its roughly $32 trillion.

Roughly a $30 trillion increase in 34 years. IMO no one has put a handle on it.