• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gospels and Shiite hadiths match up.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
@IndigoChild5559 maybe to put in perspective, I See hadiths of the family of Mohammad (s) as a beautiful and necessary source of guidance. However, a lot it is corrupted in that the hadiths we attribute to them is mixed with falsehood.
I completely understand Muslims valuing the hadith in addition to the Quran, just as I understand Catholics having their Tradition (with a capital T) in addition to the Bible. In Judaism our sacred text is not limited to the Torah, or even to the Tanakh. We also have the Talmud and the writings of the sages to help guide us in our understanding. Any religious text, whether it is the Torah or the Gospels or the Quran, requires interpretation.
The Quran is a commentary on the Torah to Gospel and books between among many things it is.

That you believe in the Quran and find inspiration in its words to draw closer to God and to become a better person is something I completely understand. I'm fine with you being Muslim. I'm not here to change your beliefs.

I'm aware that Muslims believe the Torah and Gospels are corrupted. You believe some original texts exist that are correct (despite having absolutely zero evidence for this) but that these original texts were altered and what we have today is unreliable.

For me, the Quran is not in any way divine. It was written by Muhammad, either with a scribe or without one, and is his own invention based on his interactions with Jews and Arian Christians. I don't believe for a second that there was any Angel involved. Thus, as an ordinary document written many hundreds of years after the Tanakh and New Testament, it is less reliable about the historical events. If the gospels record that Jesus died by crucifixion and the Quran says no he didn't, it is the Gospels which are the better source, being much much closer to the actual event.

FredVB

"Any religious text, whether it is the Torah or the Gospels or the Quran, requires interpretation."

If any religious text requires interpretation, any interpretation would sometime need other interpretation further. One of those things should actually be enough itself. I know what to trust as revelation.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
"Any religious text, whether it is the Torah or the Gospels or the Quran, requires interpretation."

If any religious text requires interpretation, any interpretation would sometime need other interpretation further. One of those things should actually be enough itself. I know what to trust as revelation.
BTW, do you know how to properly quote someone? It;s pretty simply once you know the trick. You hit the REPLY button on the original post, and you will see the whole think come up in a quote box. If you wish, you can delete portions so that only the sentence or paragraph that you directly want to quote remains. Then when you hit "post reply" not only will the quote be in your post in a quote box, but it will also reference the individual you are quoting, plus provide a link back to their post, if anyone wants to double check it for context. Enjoy :)