• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got ebike? My new toy

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
I am an avid cyclist and have, I admit, been a bit of a snob when it came to ebikes. I mean, just pedal!

But I am trying to drive my car as little as possible and test drove this little monster. Love at first ride and just bought it:

Amazing. Almost 30 miles per hour. Heavy duty frame and can haul/carry up to 420 pounds lol.

I will use my regular bike most of the time but this bad boy gives me more options.

Any ebike owners here?

Here is a reivew of the one I just bought:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am an avid cyclist and have, I admit, been a bit of a snob when it came to ebikes. I mean, just pedal!

But I am trying to drive my car as little as possible and test drove this little monster. Love at first ride and just bought it:

Amazing. Almost 30 miles per hour. Heavy duty frame and can haul/carry up to 420 pounds lol.

I will use my regular bike most of the time but this bad boy gives me more options.

Any ebike owners here?

Here is a reivew of the one I just bought:

I like them aside from the planned obsolescence of having sealed batteries, but already the People's Republic is engaged in conversation on regulating the things like they do with mopeds. Probably will force them to drive in the streets and have them helmeted, licensed , and insured.

They don't like seeing people having a little bit of independent transportation anymore without themselves grabbing a piece of the pie for the government.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
I like them aside from the planned obsolescence of having sealed batteries, but already the People's Republic is engaged in conversation on regulating the things like they do with mopeds. Probably will force them to drive in the streets and have them helmeted, licensed , and insured.

They don't like seeing people having a little bit of independent transportation anymore without themselves grabbing a piece of the pie for the government.

Oh, brother, common :) . The government does not seem to care about my classic car or EV, why then an ebike? I will wear a helmet regardless, and these should only be on the street or trail anyway.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh, brother, common :) . The government does not seem to care about my classic car or EV, why then an ebike? I will wear a helmet regardless, and these should only be on the street or trail anyway.

I feel everybody should have independent cheaper albiet slower motor transportation to use personally without government interference because not everybody can keep affording the exorbitant costs hiring a car or taking a bus year after year and continuously paying for the privilege of being dependent on someone else's schedule.

Heyo

Veteran Member

In the People's Republic of Germany, they are heavily regulated (as is most everything). They have a max power of 200 mW and a max speed of 25 km/h. No insurance, no helmet, no taxes, OK for bike lanes for these. There is another class, called "pedelec" which is limited to 45 km/h but needs insurance, not OK for bike lanes, I don't know about helmet, power or taxes from the top of my head.