• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Graham

Graham Nicholson

I wish to introduce myself as a new member. Am a long time Baha'i and run an information centre in Kuranda Village, up in the rain forest in the hills behind Cairns, north Queensland Australia. It doubles up as my office for occasional work. It is a beautiful area. People drop in to the Centre to read from my extensive library, have a complimentary tea of coffee, to talk or just ask questions. Am no expert in comparative religion or interfaith but am very interested. Religion in its pure form seems to me vital for the future well-being of humanity, yet I find many people do not share this view and are often uninterested or dismissive. Those that are of a religious perspective tend to assert the exclusiveness of their particular label and take little interest in other versions of religion. Many new age people claim to be spiritual but reject any organisation in religion and fear the name of the Divine reality, whatever name may be used for that purpose.

I suppose then it is just a matter of keeping going, encouraging discussion and dialogue particularly if it is positive and spiritual. We are all searching for the higher purpose in life, a form of journey, and all of us have limited knowledge.
So thats my introduction
Graham

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Welcome to RF, Graham!

It would be interesting for you to start a thread first explaining your definition of "pure religion" and then how you envision its role being vital for world health. You've certainly come to the right place for such discussions.

Enjoy yourself! :)

challupa

Welcome to RF. I have always admired the Baha'i religion. I would second Buttercup's invitation to expand on your definition of "pure religion".:) Also, I have visited up around where you are and I must say you do live in a beautiful corner of the world. I especially loved Magnetic Island.