• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guest at your Table -- Thanksgiving service

Davidium

Hello all,

For anyone interested, here is a link to the UU Service I presented this morning. It is a Thanksgiving service, that also introduces the UU Service Committee's "Guest at Your Table" program.

I would love to hear from other UU's on whether your congregation does anything involving the Guest at Your Table program, and what you think about it....

Here's the link...

http://dynamicdeism.org/tpst/viewtopic.php?t=134

If anyone is interested in seeing the version with all the readings attached, just let me know.

Yours in Faith,

David

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
We are doing "Guest at your Table" - got our boxes yesterday. We did a Thanksgiving service as well, with the YRUUs leading it. They did a great job.

I had a UU first yesterday too... communion in a UU church. It was apples and bread and symbolized all that we have to be thankful for and to celebrate the sharing that goes on among us. Not at all like the bread and wine of the Christian communion ceremony. But it was still a little strange and I could tell others thought the same. But it was still a nice thing to do. We all were asked to bring a loaf of bread to share and they were cut into pieces and we all shared each others breads.

I love the "Guest at your Table" program. Last year was the first time we did it (it was mostly my son, Jacob actually), we would take the box with us to whatever family member's house we were visiting for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think he got about $50 in that little box. I'm glad they're bigger this year!