• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas Sermon in Gaza: Rome Will Be Conquered by Islam

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Following are excerpts from a Friday sermon delivered in the Gaza Strip, which aired on Al-Aqsa TV on March 5, 2010.

Preacher: The prophecy of the conquest of Rome remains valid, Allah willing. Just like Constantinople was conquered some 500 years ago, Rome too will be conquered.

Our prayers, our fasting, and the charity we give will be to no avail, if we doubt the Prophet Muhammad. How can we proceed along the path of righteousness, if we are not secure in our belief that Rome will be conquered, as promised by the Prophet Muhammad and as proclaimed by Allah?

To watch video: MEMRI: Hamas Sermon in Gaza: Rome Will Be Conquered by Islam

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Following are excerpts from a Friday sermon delivered in the Gaza Strip, which aired on Al-Aqsa TV on March 5, 2010.

Preacher: The prophecy of the conquest of Rome remains valid, Allah willing. Just like Constantinople was conquered some 500 years ago, Rome too will be conquered.

Our prayers, our fasting, and the charity we give will be to no avail, if we doubt the Prophet Muhammad. How can we proceed along the path of righteousness, if we are not secure in our belief that Rome will be conquered, as promised by the Prophet Muhammad and as proclaimed by Allah?

Delusion has no boundary

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
I can understand the anger of Islam for Christianity, and I sincerely hope that one day peaceful coexistence will be possible. Nevertheless, it does not matter if Rome falls. The kingdom of heaven is within each one of us, and does not reside in a marble palace. Mary is the Virgin Mother of Islam as well as Catholicism.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I can understand the anger of Islam for Christianity, and I sincerely hope that one day peaceful coexistence will be possible. Nevertheless, it does not matter if Rome falls. The kingdom of heaven is within each one of us, and does not reside in a marble palace. Mary is the Virgin Mother of Islam as well as Catholicism.
Well, thats poetic, but do you plan to use that agenda in order to promote a political move?

Mr Cheese

Well, thats poetic, but do you plan to use that agenda in order to promote a political move?

Mary is actually one fot he few women revered in the Koran....

as for political movment?

fanatics are fanatics...

I real dont see the vatican sweating about a bunch of fanatics...

.lava

Veteran Member

:clap

i do hope for the same and it would happen someday. btw no anger is there that i am aware of for Christianity. matter of fact you are called "people of the book" and if i am not mistaken we are even given permission to marry you :D

Sahar

It's based on a hadith of the prophet peace be upon him that Rome will be opened, i.e. Islam will enter Rome, we don't know how this will happen, it could be through peaceful means.

Anyway, May God help Hamas and all Muslims in their struggle against zionist transgressors and their nasty propaganda.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
It's based on a hadith of the prophet peace be upon him that Rome will be opened, i.e. Islam will enter Rome, we don't know how this will happen, it could be through peaceful means.

Anyway, May God help Hamas and all Muslims in their struggle against zionist transgressors and their nasty propaganda.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist

Really? lets read it again:

It seems quite clear to me how the Imam believes it will happen.

I see this thread has invoked some inspirational feelings all around. :yes:
good.

Sahar

Really? lets read it again:
Did the sheikh give him sermon in English too? He used the same word of the prophet "tuftah" means "will be opened". Don't you know a little Arabic?! Don't they teach you Arabic in your schools?
It seems quite clear to me how the Imam believes it will happen.
Really? Well, he didn't say anything about that, but what you say is no surprise, with such dirty propaganda against Palestinians.

I see this thread has invoked some inspirational feelings all around. :yes:
good.
Good, sure. :rolleyes:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Did the sheikh give him sermon in English too? He used the same word of the prophet "tuftah" means "will be opened". Don't you know a little
Constantinople was taken in a military conquest after a siege. 'just like Rome will be'. is this, too, a propaganda?

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Some more propaganda:

Following his accession to the Ottoman throne, Mehmed had been applying pressure on Constantinople and the Byzantines by building forts along the Dardanelles. On 5 April, he laid siege to Constantinople with an army numbering 80,000 to 200,000 men. The city was defended by an army of 7,000 of whom 2,000 were foreigners. The siege began with heavy Ottoman artillery firing at the city's walls
Fall of Constantinople - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sahar

Constantinopole was taken in a military conquest after a siege. 'just like Rome will be'. is this, too, a propaganda?
Again, we don't know how this will be like. The hadith prophesied both openings. The hadith indicates spread and acceptance of Islam. And this should have nothing to do with hamas, but with Islam, if you don't like the prophecy of the prophet, it can't be helped, yet a part of his prophecy did happen.

Very cheap propaganda but not surprising.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Again, we don't know how this will be like. The hadith prophesied both openings. The hadith indicates spread and acceptance of Islam. And this should have nothing to do with hamas, but with Islam, if you don't like the prophecy of the prophet, it can't be helped, yet a part of his prophecy did happen.
Fortunately the Imam does not leave us in suspense. he tells us how this will happen: just like it happened in Constantinople. why Constantinople? a known historical event embodied in a military campaign and powerful political sentiments being played till this very day.

Very cheap propaganda but not surprising.
Unfortunately you would like us to think that there is no link to equating Rome to Constantinople, at this point, I have to wonder whos trying to promote *cheap* propaganda.

Last edited:

Sahar

Fortunately the Imam does not leave us in suspense. he tells us how this will happen: just like it happened in Constantinople. why Constantinople? a known historical event embodied in a military campaign and powerful political sentiments being played till this very day.
He only conveyed the prophet's words.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
He only conveyed the prophet's words.
I hardly view anything about this sermon as 'only'. its a further insight into Islamist ideology. to ignore the ideological notion of choosing the example of Constantinople- a Western icon of a city linked to great Greek thinkers which fell after a siege to a large Muslim army is to willingly being blind to what the Imam is preaching. both Constantinople and Rome are iconic in Western history and heritage, I find the lack of ability to make the linkage amateur at best, and propaganda at worst.

Sahar

I hardly view anything about this sermon as 'only'. its a further insight into Islamist ideology. to ignore the ideological notion of choosing the example of Constantinople- a Western icon of a city linked to great Greek thinkers which fell after a siege to a large Muslim army is to willingly being blind to what the Imam is preaching. both Constantinople and Rome are iconic in Western history and heritage,
Well and good :shrug: (I don't see the opening of Constantinople as a bad thing or as something to be ashamed of at all).
Again, this is the hadith of the prophet, not surprising that Imams in the different Muslim countries quote it. What is the Imam preaching? That Palestine will be liberated through military means for example? If this was the context then I don't mind. :rolleyes:

Last edited: