• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

happy birthday Darwin!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Happy Darwin day! :D

What is fun about this year is that I get to help teach a Biology lab and this week is evolution/phylogenetics here at University! I love my job. :cool:

wa:do

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think Darwin's birthday should be a national holiday, along with Newton's and Einstein's.

Bishadi

Abe Lincolns birthday today too

makes sense

both put their lives on the line for the good of mankind

Perhaps........ St. Darwin?

and we can all wear charms around our neck and kiss them and ask that he assist mankind is pursuing

'the evolution of knowledge'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAamen

:shout

p/s to the guy who asked who was Darwin ;););)

he was an honest man!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
They both had a profound effect on the world.
Darwin was also very anti-slavery and wrote scathingly of it whenever he had the opportunity.

As for st. Darwin, no thank you. The man is much more interesting with his flaws than held on a pedestal.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Darwin in some ways at least was the greatest mind of the Victorian Age. We should take time off on his birthday.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
angellous said:
Loved your book.
Which one?

The Formation of Vegetable Mould Through the Action of Worms was a particularly ground breaking work. If not for it, then gardening would be far more difficult. He was the one that showed that worms aerate and fertilize the soil. Prior to that people didn't like worms in the garden, they thought they would eat the roots.
Funny how no one argues about that one.

He published a great many works on nature and natural history. Most of which are landmarks of scientific thought. He discovered barnacles are crustaceans (barnacles are very weird critters).
His work with orchids is second to none. He was also one of the first experts on South American fossil species.

List of works by Charles Darwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DarkVamp

Ell Oh Ell
Happy B Day Darwin. Went to the party held in Natural History Museum, very very cool exhibition.

Hopefully we'll get a National day in celebration for him