• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hashtag!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I refered to a "number sign" with a younger person and they were confused. I drew the symbol and they said, "oh, you mean a hashtag!" God, I hate people sometimes.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Ugh, I wonder how long it'll be before phone menus start saying "Please enter your ID number followed by a hashtag".

Wherenextcolumbus

I once forgot how to spell "together" it was in front of 3 people they were looking at me very strangely...one of them had to spell it out for me.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I refered to a "number sign" with a younger person and they were confused. I drew the symbol and they said, "oh, you mean a hashtag!" God, I hate people sometimes.

Is this a ground hog or a woodchuck:
Ground-Hog-5520s.jpg

is this a mountain lion, puma, panther, or catamount
Mountain_lion.jpg

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |

Kilgore,

I am an archer. The traditional and compound bows come with draw-weights (the amount of weight that it would take to pull back the bow-string). Guess what? The numbers are preceded by a #-sign. So, if my recurve has a draw-weight of #55, it will take 55 pounds of effort to pull back the bow string. Don't get me started on how many times my friends and family members both have mistakenly said, "Why do you have a hashtag on your bow?" ... HeHe ...

I feel you, brah. I feel you.

4consideration

Premium Member
Yes, ignorance of common knowledge is a pet peeve of mine, especially when the part of peoples' brain that should be filled with common knowledge is instead filled with nothing but social media fads. Hence, "God, I hate people sometimes."

Do you have any feeling of compassion for those of us that for a long time didn't know what a "hashtag" was, but was too afraid to ask? :D

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Do you have any feeling of compassion for those of us that for a long time didn't know what a "hashtag" was, but was too afraid to ask? :D

Seems to me not knowing that a pound sign is also known as a hashtag, being common knowledge and all, should set off his pet peeve...

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

I count ignorance of Twitter as a plus. Billions of banal tweets constantly being sent out into the ether, where the vast majority of them will never even be noticed or read, strikes me as one of the saddest types of narcissim I've ever encountered.

4consideration

Premium Member
I count ignorance of Twitter as a plus. Billions of banal tweets constantly being sent out into the ether, where the vast majority of them will never even be noticed or read, strikes me as one of the saddest types of narcissim I've ever encountered.

Cool!

When I have nothing to say, I just do it on RF. :D