• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever been to a school board meeting?

Smoke

Done here.
I haven't. However, we received a flyer today warning that "Democratic activists" are trying to take over the local school board, and it's piqued my curiosity. Apparently we have two opposing groups in our district, "Responsible Citizens for Quality Schools" and "Putting Students First."

I'm curious to see what the controversy's about, and also interested to know what's going on as far as science education is concerned.

Are school board meetings generally open to the public? Have you ever been to one? What was it like?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I have not been to one, but it is my understanding that they generally are open to the public.

What the heck is a "Democratic activist"?
:confused:

Smoke

Done here.
Maize said:
What the heck is a "Democratic activist"? :confused:
I don't know, but I plan to find out. This is a very conservative district, so they're probably against school prayer or something. ;)