• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have You Ever Experienced Anti-White Racism?

Have you ever been the target of anti-white racism per the first definition in the OP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerpower

Wife's side of the family is Chinese.
When one understands a wee bit'o the language,
one finds that slights against non-Chinese are common.

Racism never sits well with someone with a well-adjusted moral compass but xenophobia is just as bad - if not even worse! - in my opinion.

I mean, they're very similar things.

Something as small as an accent or a dialect can attract just as much hostility from some people as a person's outward appearance.

One of the things that I find really disgusting is when a person speaking a language other than their first mishears someone and asks them to repeat themselves, only to have that person get annoyed at them and start speaking slowly and talk down to them like they're an idiot.

I guess verbal communication is a very imperfectly evolved tool and art and a human invention to boot. There are always bound to be problems as we use it. What's the alternative? Insist that every person learn every language and have the ability to enunciate flawlessly or a worldwide, internationally enforced language of some kind to mitigate some momentary awkward events?

It's kind of cool how such a large portion of the world seems to speak English though - one of the rare but understated convenient consequences of bloodthirsty English colonialism. Ironically, in the 21st Century, it's become a sweet, unifying thing internationally.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That reminded me of my ex-gfs family. They are Pakistani Muslims and they did not have a great deal of respect for white people in general. They were outright racist with me a few times. I don't think the fact I corrupted their daughter/sister helped.
Many in Mrs Revolt's family are Muslim,
but the one's the immigrated to USA are
backsliders, so religion was no issue.

Trivia, as I recall, a 2 syllable family name
is characteristic of Muslim Chinese.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Racism never sits well with someone with a well-adjusted moral compass but xenophobia is just as bad - if not even worse! - in my opinion.

I mean, they're very similar things.

Something as small as an accent or a dialect can attract just as much hostility from some people as a person's outward appearance.

One of the things that I find really disgusting is when a person speaking a language other than their first mishears someone and asks them to repeat themselves, only to have that person get annoyed at them and start speaking slowly and talk down to them like they're an idiot.

I guess verbal communication is a very imperfectly evolved tool and art and a human invention to boot. There are always bound to be problems as we use it. What's the alternative? Insist that every person learn every language and have the ability to enunciate flawlessly or a worldwide, internationally enforced language of some kind to mitigate some momentary awkward events?

It's kind of cool how such a large portion of the world seems to speak English though - one of the rare but understated convenient consequences of bloodthirsty English colonialism. Ironically, in the 21st Century, it's become a sweet, unifying thing internationally.
I once had a commercial tenant assault me
because of my German accent (which I have
only when speaking German).
That was weird.
Odd, the cops came because he called them.
Cops told me that I'd have been within my
rights to shoot him. (I'm a licensed carrier.)
I said there was no need.

As for my Chinese ex-pat in-laws, the racial
slights never bothered me. I found them
amusing, eg, my being a "wai guo ren"
(foreigner).
They treated me pretty well, so what's
wrong with a little racism, eh? Ain't
nobody perfect.

☆Dreamwind☆

I'm mixed, so one or two people have made some rude remarks towards me. I told one that it must be awfully frustrating to only have 10 words in her entire vocabulary.

I did see one really nasty incident towards one employee. She told a customer that the bathrooms were broken, and the guy went full on racist, spitting in her face, threatening to beat her up, calling her slurs screaming that she was being racist to him because he was black. I felt super bad for the lady having to put up with his nonsense.

Racist is racist, it don't matter who you're being a racist too. You don't get a free pass to be an a-hole just because you aren't the majority.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
I once had a commercial tenant assault me
because of my German accent (which I have
only when speaking German).
That was weird.
Odd, the cops came because he called them.
Cops told me that I'd have been within my
rights to shoot him. (I'm a licensed carrier.)
I said there was no need.

As for my Chinese ex-pat in-laws, the racial
slights never bothered me. I found them
amusing, eg, my being a "wai guo ren"
(foreigner).
They treated me pretty well, so what's
wrong with a little racism, eh? Ain't
nobody perfect.
Its not racist to try to help you
undersrand yourself.