• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Were you awake or asleep when your wisdom teeth were taken out?
Did you get any good painkillers after the operation?

I found out my wisdom teeth need to be extracted. I'm going to let college students do it.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Not yet. I really need to. Been putting it off because if I want to be put under, I need someone with me and to take me home but I have no one.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I found out my wisdom teeth need to be extracted. I'm going to let college students do it.

They usually number your face and jaw. Afterwards, they give you pain killers specially for the tooth headaches which are painful. I got all of mine taken out.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I had all 4 out at once, general anesthesia in the hospital. My father drove me. I didn’t want to take the pain killers. Until I woke up about 10:30 that night feeling like Satan was pounding a red hot railroad spike into my jaw. I learned that night that opioids can be your friend. :D

Baladas

An Págánach

Yes, I had mine taken out several years ago.
It was my first time having anesthesia and I remember being shocked that I had fallen asleep.
I was on something pretty good afterward.
I'm not sure what it was, but it may have been hydrocodone.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I had mine taken out when I was 16. I actually had 6 wisdom teeth. (They told me that some people have as many as 8.) It wasn't so much the pain that bothered me, but the gauze in my mouth that I had to keep in there due to the bleeding. Having to keep that in there was probably the most bothersome to me, as I recall.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Why do you need someone to be there for it?
It's the people at the dentist's office who want others there if I choose to have anesthesia. I don't much care. I'll probably just go right to bed after getting into my apartment. That's what happened the last time I was put under, but I was 13 and had my mom with me.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
:p Never got them. I had only 28. I am the next step in evolution. 60,000 years later, all human kind will have only 28 teeth. Sort of Biological Adam. I have two grandsons who are always at each others' throat. Sort of Abel and Cain. :D

I have had my teeth pulled out (perhaps in childhood). I have not seen dentists using general anesthesia in India, just local anesthesia injections, lignocaine etc. But, yes, some extractions could be more than that. (I have two dentists in the family, son-in-law and grand daughter)

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I had all four of mine removed when I was a teenager. The top ones they just numbed my gums, popped them out, and placed gauze in my mouth. The bottom ones had grown in sideways and I had to be put under so they they could be surgically removed.

GoodbyeDave

The top ones are still there and I hope they'll last! One of the lower ones came up impacted, the other decayed, so both came out. The National Health Service doesn't offer general anesthetic for dentistry, so I went to a private hospital. The first operation left me with a stiff, aching jaw and some bleeding. The later operation left me with no pain and the surgeon used stiches, so there was no bleeding.